Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb Driver

Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limb Driver

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I have the updated containment prongs on mine and it nice, but really doesn't do a whole lot in terms of actually holding the arrow.
Is it because the arrow fits too loosely? or is because of the angle of the arrow at rest?

I'm thinking of updating to the new launcher (P.S. Dan, is this something you carry?)

Old 03-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Hope Muzzy sees this and replies because I have the '08 Allegiance.

How far back do you guys have the LD mounted?

I just mounted an LD on my bow a minute ago(don't have cord or limb fork attachment on yet) and wondered if it makes any difference upon how far forward the launcher contacts the shelf? I don't want to take the chance of bending the launcher.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the delay guys. I haven't been on here much the last week or so. The wife has me doing all sorts of baby stuff getting ready for the big day.

JeffB, you're correct, the arrow is on more of an angle coming off the string to the shelf. Looking at mine again, it does catch quite a bit of the arrow. But if you want something that is going to really hold the arrow, I still don't think this is the answer. I'll try to take a couple pics of mine tonight and post.

My rest is much farther ahead, toward the riser than drockw's is. I prefer mine to be as close the pivot point of the grip as I can get them. If yours is mounted like his, I can where the arrow holder on the prongs might not work at all.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Muzz! I did not know. When is your wife due? And thanks for the FYI- I guess I'll still give it a try.

as for mine, Coug- it sits a bit ffarther forward than Derek's seems to on the pic of his 82nd. The tips of the prongs are right at the center of the rear berger button hole. Of course this on the Admiral though.

P.S. Anyone know the diameter/size of the included black loop rope VT is using? I went to replace mine because I wanted more tag end to serve off (after cutting it off when it was on the AM35), and the rope I have is too big in diameter.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, the new containment prongs will not hurt. It does a nice job of helping to guide the arrow until the forks pick it up. I think it combined with the included arrow holder will do a real nice job.

Oh yeah, the baby's due date is March 30th. Yeah, its a boy....camo onezies all the way.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Jeff, the new containment prongs will not hurt. It does a nice job of helping to guide the arrow until the forks pick it up. I think it combined with the included arrow holder will do a real nice job.

Oh yeah, the baby's due date is March 30th. Yeah, its a boy....camo onezies all the way.
Heh. Thats great! I had little came onezies (they were advantage camo) for my son too- hell..I named him Hunter

He's gonna be 10 this year
Old 03-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

MM, I like to set my rest farther forward also. THe foam arrow holder I use is is totally silent and allows the bow to be canted 90 degrees without the arrow falling off if that's your thing.

Jeff, I use BCY D loop material on my Limb Drivers

Dan
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dan- I've got no clue what the black color rope I have is- I bougth it many years ago- its bigger in diameter.

The shop has one of those toilet paper tube display things with a few different wild colored loop materials- I think thats from BCY? They have a very cool flourescent green that would look good- I'll have to check it out next time I am up there.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Thanks Dan- I've got no clue what the black color rope I have is- I bougth it many years ago- its bigger in diameter.

The shop has one of those toilet paper tube display things with a few different wild colored loop materials- I think thats from BCY? They have a very cool flourescent green that would look good- I'll have to check it out next time I am up there.
No Problem Jeff! I usually put the BCY on right out of the box. Color choice is one reason.

I have a bright Fl. Green on my Captain!

Dan

Quick Reply: Limb Driver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.