Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Issue with my Limb Driver

Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Issue with my Limb Driver

Well, in fairness... it might have been a user issue.

I noticed over the past week that my shooting started getting even more wild than normal.

I shot a 3D shoot on Saturday.... and I missed two targets... completely.... I've never even missed one.... and on this day.... I missed TWO! Despite that, I still managed a 278, because I shot extremely well... was making good releases and all that.

On Sunday, I went to another 3D shoot. I missed 6 targets clean... SIX! All of them going low. I missed a bedded buck at 20 yards.... and shot a full 10 feet in front of it... the arrow skipped up and stuck in the guts... I saved a 5... but I couldn't count it. I finished with a 195.... by FAR the lowest score I've ever shot.

Monday afternoon rolls around.... and at this point I have zero confidence in myself. I frankly just think I suck. I was with a buddy over at the range across the street from work shooting a couple fun 5 spot games... and I kept having to move my sight down more and more. At some point, I drew back and I noticed that my Limb Driver wasn't coming up more than about 25% of the way... depending on how hard I drew the bow... sometimes it wouldn't come up at all... sometimes it would come almost all the way up..... I was practically shooting off the shelf. That explains a lot.

The spring inside the rest somehow came unsprung. I backed the set out.... twisted it back up... lock tited it good... and tightened it back up.

The damage is done though.... my mental game is suffering big time.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Issue with my Limb Driver

Don't ya hate it when this happens?

I had a couple of issues like that with the Whammy where things came loose, throwing me way out of whack. Even though its an equipment issue, it really screws with your head.

I just put a LD on my bow to replace the Whammy. So far, I am thoroughly impressed with the thing. Can't wait to shoot it more.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought that was the issue with mine on my Am35- so I tightened the spring up big time- still had the contact issue. For whatever reason it just did not work with that bow- I'm thinking I was getting some kind of bounce back .

Put it back on the Admiral- back to smacking arrows after I worked on the "mental game".

But I'd def reccomend checking the spring regularly on the LD. Its just like the old collar on a TM Hunter- they can and often did get loose over time.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I thought that was the issue with mine on my Am35- so I tightened the spring up big time- still had the contact issue. For whatever reason it just did not work with that bow- I'm thinking I was getting some kind of bounce back .

Put it back on the Admiral- back to smacking arrows after I worked on the "mental game".

But I'd def reccomend checking the spring regularly on the LD. Its just like the old collar on a TM Hunter- they can and often did get loose over time.
Jeff did you set the arrow up to run even with the berger holes on your AM35? Or did you go above or below?

I pulled the snot out of one shot and managed to have fletching contact... and that was when my Chappy Boss was locking up..... if you have never had a thumb release that won't fire when you trigger it... but will fire when you go to let down... its a great way to develop target panic... which I now have a full blown 3rd stage case of.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like TARGET panic, do some blind-baling!!!

Seriously, I know what you mean, one equipment failure is certainly good for about a MONTH of target panic!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Jeff did you set the arrow up to run even with the berger holes on your AM35? Or did you go above or below?

I pulled the snot out of one shot and managed to have fletching contact... and that was when my Chappy Boss was locking up..... if you have never had a thumb release that won't fire when you trigger it... but will fire when you go to let down... its a great way to develop target panic... which I now have a full blown 3rd stage case of.
Whats funny is, your not the only person ive heard of this happening to with a tru-ball release. Im not saying anything bad about them, b/c i really like them. One of my friends uses a 360 and his was locking up and a few times, like you when he let down it finally went off[&:] It was hilarious to see him do it tho lol!

About the LD... the newest one Ive gotten had an issue that screwed me big time on a 5spot league round. Teh set screw on the right side of the rest came loose sloowwwwwly. What it was doing was ever so slightly making the elevation that the rest would come up, go up even further, and when it was down, it was getting higher and higher off of the shelf. It was allowing thespringto unwind the slipping axle which made the restvertical at one point[:'(] It took me a while to figure out, but now i know to double check that one. So far im the only one i had heard of having that happen.

Btw, what was the issue with the LD on the AM35??? I had one on mine and it seemed to work great It never seemed any different than any of the other bows that ive put it on... That was the bow that it screwed up on tho, but that wasnt a problem with the bow.

Derek
Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

This is a bad problem with the Chappy when it is not adjusted properly.It is one of the hardest releases I have ever seen to adjust properly as well.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Solution: L O C T I T E
Old 03-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Collie- straight through the middle at the recco of my tech with measuring/tuning he's done on the AMs (he historically has run Hoyts @ bottom of shaft through middle of berger)

Derek- I really do not know about the LD on the AM35- there was a contact issue (on the main arm part of the launcher before the forks) we could not eliminate-very strange- I think I was getting bounceback of some sort. Tried everything to get it straightened out- nothing worked- had to shoot feathers to get a decent group. Pulled it off, put on a TT and no more contact issues. Put the Limb driver back on my Admiral, no issues there either.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Solution: L O C T I T E
That is probably going to be the solution.

I called TRU Ball, and they are a wonderful bunch of folks (I knew that already). I sent it out to them today. I'd like them to take a look at it. I have tried lots of different things with this release, and they are going to strip it down, maybe replace some things, and clean out any gunk that might have built up inside. Basically reset it to factory new. If nothing else, if I decide to sell it (likely at this point)I can take comfort in the fact that I won't be putting something goofy in the hands of a buyer.

Quick Reply: Issue with my Limb Driver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.