EDIT-back up..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LMAO

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LMAO

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I have yet to see the Bowmadness, but the PSE rep was by recently trying to get the shop to get some in (no go-not with a dozen 08 X tech bows sitting around collecting dust) but the shop owner did say the BM was by far the best feeling/nicest shooting bow PSE has had in awhile. Singles are a HARD sell these days locally- which is funny cos at one time this shop was one of the top 5 volume Mathews dealers in the country.

One thing I've taken notice about the more experienced (i.e. not newbie) clientle base at the shop is that there is a small (but vocal about their pref) sect of people who obviously love the Mathews and are single cam fans, and that is what they want, and won't try anything else. Then the majority have "moved beyond" singles and don't even bother looking at the Mathews, Diamonds, Bear or other singles. It seems only the new-ish shooters gravitate towards the singles- cos they feel smoother on the draw.

:shrug: I like singles (with good nock travel) and always have- I wish someone could design one that feels like the Outback cam, and has the speed of a Binary cam.
X2 I absolutely LOVED that bow. I wanted one soo bad at the time they came out but couldnt afford it and bought the Hoyt Ultra-Mag that ive mentioned before. Now I've had5 different Hoyts and 0 Mathews lol Not that there is a bias or anything, just not my cup o' tea I sure wouldnt mind having a SwitchbackXT for hunting though. Cant afford anymore right now tho.

Derek
Old 03-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing I've taken notice about the more experienced (i.e. not newbie) clientle base at the shop is that there is a small (but vocal about their pref) sect of people who obviously love the Mathews and are single cam fans, and that is what they want, and won't try anything else. Then the majority have "moved beyond" singles and don't even bother looking at the Mathews, Diamonds, Bear or other singles. It seems only the new-ish shooters gravitate towards the singles- cos they feel smoother on the draw.

I'm not disagreeing with you here Jeff, just because I am sure like many things, your part of the world has different tastes than mine.

Down here (granted, we are a Mathews shop, but we carry pretty much everything), the new guys are all drawn to speed and binary cams. The new shooters but especially the younger crowd(Under 40 years old)are the ones you see buying X Forces, and Bowtechs and probably now Monsters. You could draw a line between that fact, and all of the advertising you see being done by Bowtech and the street rep they have now. Granted Mathews does at much or more advertising, but when you look at online forums (which are a major source of information for us Millenials) most of what you see and read about is Bowtech.

The older guys that have shot Mathews bows for a while... won't buy anything else. Won't even look at anything else. They want easy to draw, smooth, easy to shootand quiet. That is what Mathews has always done best. I personally don't much like the new Reezen line. Its a good bow, a great bow... but to me I don't think it is what a lot of folks whowould normally gravitate towards Mathews are interested in. The DXT is fine.. it is too short for me and I think I'd have trouble shooting it extremely well... but you take just about any bow from the Drenalin on back.... now there is a hunting bow brother!

The Monster is fine for what it is, and I am hoping that Mathews will take the speed bug and apply it to that McPhearson line of bows exclusively next year. I don't mind seeing a faster single cam like the reezens, but I'd like to see that super speed technology put into a super easy to draw bow with a generous brace height. Give me a 33" ATA 7.5 to 8" brace height that draws like a 60# Outback and shoots IBO at 320fps, make it shock free and dead silent.... that to me is the real future of hunting bowsand where I hope all this new efficient technology goes.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I'm not disagreeing with you here Jeff, just because I am sure like many things, your part of the world has different tastes than mine.

Down here (granted, we are a Mathews shop, but we carry pretty much everything), the new guys are all drawn to speed and binary cams. The new shooters but especially the younger crowd(Under 40 years old)are the ones you see buying X Forces, and Bowtechs and probably now Monsters. You could draw a line between that fact, and all of the advertising you see being done by Bowtech and the street rep they have now. Granted Mathews does at much or more advertising, but when you look at online forums (which are a major source of information for us Millenials) most of what you see and read about is Bowtech.

The older guys that have shot Mathews bows for a while... won't buy anything else. Won't even look at anything else. They want easy to draw, smooth, easy to shootand quiet. That is what Mathews has always done best. I personally don't much like the new Reezen line. Its a good bow, a great bow... but to me I don't think it is what a lot of folks whowould normally gravitate towards Mathews are interested in. The DXT is fine.. it is too short for me and I think I'd have trouble shooting it extremely well... but you take just about any bow from the Drenalin on back.... now there is a hunting bow brother!

The Monster is fine for what it is, and I am hoping that Mathews will take the speed bug and apply it to that McPhearson line of bows exclusively next year. I don't mind seeing a faster single cam like the reezens, but I'd like to see that super speed technology put into a super easy to draw bow with a generous brace height. Give me a 33" ATA 7.5 to 8" brace height that draws like a 60# Outback and shoots IBO at 320fps, make it shock free and dead silent.... that to me is the real future of hunting bowsand where I hope all this new efficient technology goes.
It sounds to me like you just described a Bowtech Allegience

I agree with both of you on this one and see where both of you stand. It does seem to me that the Mathews shooters "seem" to be the most "stuck" in the Mathews world. That is just what i see and that may be shaded b/c I have never owned one. I am typically unbiased and could care less what others shoot so...

Derek
Old 03-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Derek
I have said several times in the past I think it is one of the greatest hunting bows ever made.

Just envision a Monster type bow... with the AVS and all that jazz... with a high brace height. PSE did that kinda thing with the dream season... only they left the draw just as stiff. I think what Bowtech did with the speed and smooth mods was a great thing.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Derek
I have said several times in the past I think it is one of the greatest hunting bows ever made.

Just envision a Monster type bow... with the AVS and all that jazz... with a high brace height. PSE did that kinda thing with the dream season... only they left the draw just as stiff. I think what Bowtech did with the speed and smooth mods was a great thing.
I hunted with and shot the Allegiance in 05, 06,& 07, but IMO thereismore than one Bow from the 09 line I'd pickover the Allegiance. That's the reason INo longer own one.

I do think it was a Great bow though.

Dan