Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whewww............

Old 03-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default whewww............

As I had stated in another thread, I ended up keeping my Admiral through some weird circumstances-which made me a happy SOB, cos the Alphamax and I had some kind of serious fundamental disconnect that totally screwed me up. It's a fantastic bow, fast, smooth shooting-everyone else shoots it brilliantly, but we did not get along at all. It's like meeting a gorgeous woman and realize though she is a good person, the personalities will never mesh

So I re-installed the limbdriver and sight back on the Admiral over the weekend, and headed up to the shop last night to fling a few.

It took me about 25 or 30 arrows to work out the inklings of TP that were settling in from bieng around "that other woman" I had to tinker with the sight/rest a bit and then really talk myself through the bad habits I had started to pick up but I pulled it together after awhile and my last few groups were getting back to where I should be/was before.

A few more shooting sessions and I should have the kinks worked out pretty well, I think. The Admiral holds like a rock and will really stack those Maxima 3D Selects. Awesome bow-feel bad that I doubted it in the first place.

I have nicknamed it Chester

Old 03-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whewww............

Glad to hear you got er' worked out. It's amazing how the equipment we choose and end up not being confident in it will really screw with your head. I know how you feel, I just went through that "disaster" with rests.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Chester Chester the target molester?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chester Chester the Japanese Fleet Molester

Old 03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Admiral