Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

So I finally took the plunge.....

Old 03-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default So I finally took the plunge.....

I've been on a new rest quest for a couple months now, trying 3 different ones to be exact. I tried the QAD HD and the Whammy first. Great rests for the most part. The QAD is nice, especially for hunting. However, for the price, there is a lot of plastic there and the internal mechenism that keep the rest up, falls when you shoot, idea still has me nervous. The rest does work though and lots of guys are shooting them without problems. Just my OCD kicking in I guess.

The Whammy was next. Built like a tank and adjusts beautifully. I just simply couldn't get it setup like I wanted it to. Timing on this rest is critical. What you're trying to do is get the timing window set to fall right before the fletching. If you it falls too early, the prong reset might hit your vanes. If it fall to late, well, you'll get contact too. No doubt it works and once setup I could drive tacks with it. I was just nervous about changes in the cable system affecting the timing as time wore on.

Enter the Limbdriver. I'm sure most of which I am about to say has already been said. For Bowtech shooters, this rest almost appears to have been designed for these bows. It mounted up and adjusted easily to where I like to have my rests setup. I'm a bit anal about getting the arrow as low on the berger hole as I can. I also like my rests to be mounted as close to the riser as I can get it. No problems at all with this rest. I found timing to be a snap as well. Just snug the cord up and go.

I got the new set of prongs with mine, the ones that have the containment feature. I haven't yet played with it too much, but it looks like it might hold an arrow very well. You can squeeze the fingers together to hold your arrow just right.

So, here I am wondering why in the heck I wasted so much time with the other rests and not just take the advice of so many other LD shooters. I'm now the proud owner of a Limbdriver.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So I finally took the plunge.....

Good deal Muzz! I was a skeptic at first too.

The LD just did not work well on my Alphamax, I cannot state why, but there was horrible fletching contact on the launcher I could not eliminate- very strange- could be bounceback of some sort?? IDK.

However It worked flawlessly on my Admiral previously. I reinstalled it on the Admiral over the weekend, and again its working brilliantly. No contact issues. I do my part and I'm crashing arrows.

Lemme know what you think about that new launcher after you get some hours on it, please.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I'm a bit anal about getting the arrow as low on the berger hole as I can.
This is the first time I have heard this. What is the advantage vice centering the arrow on the berger hole?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

kwilson16, I guess I should have clarified. I always strive to get the arrow to pass through the center of the holes, not lower. On the Bowtechs, the holes are lower than most and some rests will not allow you to center on the holes and work properly unless you mount them behind the shelf. I don't like that either. This is not to say that the bow won't shoot well if you're above center on the hole. The Whammy wouldn't allow me any lower than cutting 1/2 the hole, but it shot very well when it was in time.

The idea of getting the arrow lower is that you want to try to get your nocking point as close tothe true center of the string as possible.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok. I understand now.