Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

Old 04-22-2003, 10:07 AM
CG

Default Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

I took my WB and completely removed the whiskers where the vanes go through....Imagine looking at the biscuit and at 12 o' clock, 4 o' clock, and 8 o' clock there is a " peice of pie" missing (kind of looks like a radioactive symbol)....Doing this allows for all of the benefits of the rest (arrow capture....I can still turn the bow completely upside down and the arrow remains in place.) and eliminates the negatives (wavy vanes and loss of speed resulting from fletching contact ). This can also be done on the new QS version since I did mine on the original with a slot cut in it.....So far I have found no drawbacks to this modification......Just thought you all should know.....If anyone is interested, I' ll put up a picture tonight.......
Old 04-22-2003, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

Sounds interesting. Loss of speed and fletching contact were my big drawbacks to the rest. If this design works out, I may have to reconsider using the rest.

I' d like to check out the pic you were talking about.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve often wondered why they didn' t offer this as an option. I figured it must not have held up well over the long haul. Purely speculation on my part.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:33 AM
CG

I' ll post one for you tonight....it really works....so far....
Old 04-22-2003, 10:36 AM
CG

Rangeball,
yeah I wondered about durability too but from my observations the arrow is being drawn along the same " whiskers" it normally would be....can' t see where it would be a factor but only time will tell...
Old 04-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason they dont offer that option is because it contradicts the main idea behind the rest. The whisker biscuit eliminates the worry of fletching contact because all fletchings hit at the same time every shot. By trimming out three slots you pretty much ruined that aspect. Because of the design of the rest I can pretty much guarantee you that you' ll have fletching contact that you wont be able to get rid of by tuning now. Think about the odds of all three fletchings flying through there without at least one of them hitting the whiskers.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:19 PM

I been shooting the whisker biscuit in the configuration shown below, for about a year now. There is at least 15,000 shots through it with the notches. I can detect no difference in arrow flight with the notches, other than there is no speed loss at all with these modifications. The back of the biscuit is trimmed, a notch was cut and even with all these modifications, it has held up as if it were new. I' m not a pro, but I shoot better with this rest, with the notches and all, than any other rest I' ve ever used and I' ve been shooting for many years. I highly recommend these modifications.

Old 04-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think feathers would work with this rest set up this way ? May have to try it out , looks like a great hunting setup .
Old 04-23-2003, 09:55 AM

I haven' t shot feathers through this setup, but I' m fairly sure they will work if they are securely attached to the arrow.

Yes, you' re right, it is a great hunting setup. The only thing you ever have to worry about, is when to release the arrow.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:01 PM

I went through this with mine also. I found what Bowfanatic said to be true in my case. I ended up buying a new biscuit and cutting a loading slot that wouldn' t line up with a fletch.

I hope you have better luck with it than I did.

-Chief

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.