Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

Old 04-23-2003, 11:33 PM
CG

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

Here' s a pic of mine.....Bowfanatic, the odds are 100% that you can contact none of the whiskers....I' m getting ZERO fletching contact....I' m shooting white vanes and have over 100 shots on some and have ZERO marks on them and I' m getting perfect arrow flight....

Old 04-27-2003, 07:47 PM
CG

Well now that I' ve been shooting this rest modified as it is, I see one problem......All my buddies want theirs modified like this!!! We did some testing with the chrono today and my WB w/ the modification showed ZERO loss in speed when compared to my bodoodle and only 2 fps slower than my Trophy Taker. Most of their bows are set-up with the WB and are losing 7-10 fps compared to my bodoodle (we did a lot of switching and rest tuning) and when we put my modified WB on their bows they showed ZERO speed loss or in a couple cases 1-2 fps increases in speed.. I' ve got about 300-400 shots on some of my arrows now and they show no contact indications (wavy vanes or black marks).....Just thought I would keep you informed......One thing to note in the pictures of my WB and Straightarrow' s....I cut complete " gaps" for the vane to go through...I simply took an arrow and trimmed whiskers until I could pull the vane through without going through any whiskers.....So far it works VERY well.....
Old 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a sweet idea, i love my biscuit but had a problem with the fletching. Im definetly gonna do some cutting on mine now.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Hey CG,

What about tuning? What are you finding reagrding that? Looks real interesting.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:47 PM

[&:]I might have had a few beers, but why would I buy something that I know won' t work right, or best, untill I changed it?

If I have to cut half of the damn thing off to make it better, why didn' t the people that make it, do it first?

I' ll stick with my old rest.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wasn' t there a company that made a biscuit type rest very similar to the ones pictured in this thread? One more question. If you are going to do this to a WB then why not just buy a doodle zapper, or a ready rest? Pictured below.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:02 PM
CG

Buckfevr,
I had no problems tuning it. I set center shot and 1/8" high nock and let her rip....One thing about this modification is that paper tears are a pretty good indicator...ie. no false reads like with the " regular" WB....

plaid dad,
Because with the modifications, it works better than any other rest out there for hunting...to this point anyway.....And why didn' t the people that make it, make it like this?? I don' t know....Maybe I' m smarter than them ..... Just kidding....
Old 04-29-2003, 08:03 PM
CG

bigbulls,
Don' t know....Might try it!!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m happy that it' s workin out for ya CG!

As for tuning , I have white cock vanes on a dozen bemans and without any modifications to the biscuit I dont get any ripples or black marks on my vanes.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:37 PM
CG

Bowfanatic,
Thanks...I can also say that I never had the problem with wavy vanes, I did get some black marks on my white vanes with the original but it was of no consequence......I basically was just experimenting with the half dozen or so extra biscuits I have laying around.....Perhaps the biggest thing I noticed about this modification is the forgiveness....I seem to have fewer " flyers" with the modification perhaps because of the loss of the extruding properties of the original biscuit....Don' t know for sure....Maybe I' m just a better shot now. I just know that I have a lot of confidence in it right now......so far anyway....

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit modification that works!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.