Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable Rod mounted String Supression

Old 04-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cable Rod mounted String Supression

Has anyone ever tried one of these type of string dampeners, like those offered by Saunders (sausa.com)?

It would seem they should work well. They dampen the string close to the middle, where it has the chance to do the most good, and allow you to take all the suppression junk of your string, picking up fps in the process.

How are they at reducing string noise?
Old 04-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable Rod mounted String Supression

I' ll bite, They looka a lot like the ShockBlockers offered on the G2 and G2xl. Although the saunders don' t move. I' ve read in several threads where owners of the G2 had taken their shockblockers off and traded their cable slide for a normal one. Why? I don' t know. It looks like a good Idea to me.
The Saunders model, being non- mobile, looks like it would maximize the brace height of any bow as it would cancel out any forward movemant of the string past the idle position.

The only downfall I see at the moment is the weight that large looking chunk of rubber must add.

Why don' t you try one out and let me know how it works
Old 04-22-2003, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

It just might come to that. Although I hate being a guinea pig.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I was curious about that thing too,... c' mon Rangeball....buy one and do the review,...pleeeese.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Saunders Pro Deadly Quiet!!

I bought one last year and am definately impressed! I made the mistake of keeping it on all year for leagues and 3d and wore the rubber stop out pretty quick. No problem , I called Saunders and they had a new and improved rubber stop , so they sent me two extra ones for no charge. I put mine on the week before the season starts just to get a few shots through it. Even if you already have all of the other shock doohickys , you' ll notice a difference.
Here' s their websitehttp://www.sausa.com/pp4.html
This is from BOWFANATIC back on 9 / 17 / 02.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn it Rangeball, I don' t even have sights or a new rest for my new bow and you got me thinking about this thingy!

So which model were you looking at, the Deadly quiet at 19.95 or the pro deadly quiet at $33.95??

I wonder if the buckmaster shock stopper would work on any bow?

The reason I' m now interested in this is my new bow is no quieter than my 6 year old mathews (shooting same arrow). It took my wife about ten shot' s before she figured out the answer I wanted to hear. " Yes dear, I think your new bow IS quieter than your old one" [X(].
I guess it' s not a bad thing, my mathews is quiet @ 255fps. I just want quieter,but with speed!!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t know. They have one now that is built into the cable slide... Too many choices
Old 04-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who is " they" ? I looked on the sausa site and din' t see one. Are you refering to the buckmaster version?
Old 04-29-2003, 05:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rangeball, Dave, etc...

If any of you folks wants one of those NAAG model string silencers...Shockstop I think they are called...then I have a few laying around. Just drop me a line if you want me to send you one.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, yes the " they" is saunders. It was advertised in a recent bowhunting magazine I bought. Don' t recall the model name, but it doesn' t suprise me that they don' t yet have it on their website. Maybe one day manufactures will learn people actually do use the net for looking stuff up

PA, I might be up to try one of those out. Do you know of a link or where I can see what they heck they are first so I can visualize its application in my situation? Did you not like them? Anything we should know about them?

Quick Reply: Cable Rod mounted String Supression

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.