Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable Rod mounted String Supression

Old 04-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cable Rod mounted String Supression

Rangeball,

I tried to pull up the NAAG archery page but it did not seem to want to load today. It could be the internet security system that I have here at work but I am unsure.

As for what they look like.....imagine the typical cable guard slide found on most bows today where the cables sit on the inside of the cable guard rod. Then imagine a plastic extension arm that protrudes from the cable slide towards and in front of the bow string. There is a rubber-type (kraton I think) stopper on the end of it and the bowstring slaps into it after each shot.

I tried them on a few bows that I have owned but not for any extended period of time. They do drastically reduce string noise and vibration but my chief concern was wear and tear on the string. Though I personally did not experience any during the short time that I had them installed I had heard of one or two occasions where others had problems with the string fraying at the point of contact.

I gave one to a buddy of mine to use on his ' 99 Hoyt Raider. He has had it on for about 8 months now with no complaints whatsoever. It fits his bow nicely though because of the fixed/staggered position of the cable slots it might not work on all bows.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the new model is called the " buzz buster " , I asked about a month ago if anyone had tryed it yet but got no responces .
Old 04-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drop a line, drop a line....I' ll have to wait until I get home, but I' ll take one for sure. I was all over the NAAG website, but couldn' t see where they offered any for sale.

If fraying string was an issue, I' d just serve the contact area.

Did it make the bows quiet enough to remove the string silencers?
Old 04-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, how about " email me your info" instead?

From what I remember they did more than sufficiently reduce string noise and vibration. I want to say that you do not need string silencers with one installed but it has been over half a year since I shot a bow that had one on. I will check tonight when I head down to the shop.

As for the fraying issue....it might have been the string and it might have been the serving....I honestly do not remember.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, that' s what I meant. For some reason the lotus notes doesn' t allow me to e-mail from work, but wait a minute- I do have that one freebee yahoo acount.
Let me see.....

Ok, I just sent two different e-mails. One from this screen, and one from my Yahoo acount.