Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech Dually vs. Hoyt Spiral cam

Old 04-21-2003, 09:11 AM

Default BowTech Dually vs. Hoyt Spiral cam

Right now I am thinking to bay new bow?
BowTech Patriot dually or Hoyt Ultra with spiral cam.
But because I don' t have chance to test these
bows I need information how these new cams
work and how they fell.

Please help me.

PS. Does anyone have bowtech dually drawforce curves?
Old 04-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BowTech Dually vs. Hoyt Spiral cam

Kevin Strother might have the Bowtech Dually force draw curves but I do not know of anyone else.

I have experience with both cams. My take....

The Hoyt Spiral is a bit smoother in that it does not reach peak set draw weight as quickly as the Patriot' s Dual cam. Both have relatively short valleys and solid backwalls. Because of the longer duration at peak set draw weight the Bowtech Dual cams probably promote higher arrow speeds pound for pound...that is if it were possible to put both sets of cams on the same exact bow.

As for the Spiral Cam....I did not feel the modest speed gain was enough to promote them over the standard Cam and a half....especially with the extremely short valley. However, when the draw stop peg is removed the Spiral Cam has a very decent valley and a still respectable back wall....though as a side-effect the draw length is lengthened by approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch when the draw stop is removed so order draw length accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:22 PM

I can' t comment on the UltraTec with the Spiral cam but I drew a RazorTec with the Cam& 1/2 and it is very smooth to draw. I can however recomend the BowTech Patriot Dually if you are looking for the ultimate hunting bow with some serious 3-D shooting in mind. This bow has a serious draw force curve and you should be aware that you' ll have to do a little more work when you first start shooting one. After 25 shots though, you' ll have figured out where all that energy goes, into the target!!!!! Pulling the arrows, if your target stops them, is a workout in it' s self. The Pat DC is very accurate and forgiving and a my 71 pounder puts out over 83 foot pounds of energy, enough for Africa The Hoyt' s are great quality and I don' t think anyone will argue that point. Buy the one that feels the best to you and enjoy!
Old 04-25-2003, 05:03 AM

WWAG:On the 2003 Pat Dual Cam,it claim' s to have Cable Adjusters,yet when i look at the Picture of the Bow,im not seeing any.Where are they located .that they are not Visiable
Old 04-25-2003, 07:26 AM

The cable adjusters have just been finished to where they are satisified. Jamie at Bowtech says they have just started shipping them. My set is at the shop but i' m turkey hunting next weekend and didn' t want to start messing with my setup unitll then. After I get them installed I will report back here.