Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guess who bought a Limb Driver

Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guess who bought a Limb Driver

<------------ Me.

I put a new Winners Choice on the wrist rocket and while I was monkeying with things I thought, what the hell. I've been shooting a lot of targets lately, and I think this thing will work nicely. I'm shooting 2512 crayola markers and those nice deep forks ought to work well. If nothing else I shoot it through the summer and put the QAD back on if I don't dig it enough to deer hunt with it. I've decided I'm going to try and shoot an elk this year with the bow, so I might want to revert back in the fall. We'll see... I was just going to target shoot with an HHA slider sight too... and I know where that went.

I went with Mt. Berry and Flo. Orange (Va Tech colors) on the string.. I think it look freakin sweet. Just in time for us to lose our way out of a chance at the NCAA tourney too.

Anyway... I'll stick a picture up when I get finished with it. Haven't shot it yet, it is sitting at the shop waiting for me to finish it off tmw.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guess who bought a Limb Driver

<------------ Me.
Oh crap I got that one wrong.

I was gonna say Mel Gibson
Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats....I just ordered another for my coming Air Raid.[8D]
Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Me too! and the new string ought to be here this week. I went with black/flo. green. I've already got the HHA slider on my bow. I went ahead and stuck the rest on my bow with my old string and to be honest I'm not totally sold just yet. To be honest I put a QAD Ultra on a friends bow last week and I think I like it better. I think I might have clearance issues if I went withthe QAD on my bow but I may have to pick one up to see if I can make it work. Don't know why my Ally is so finicky about drop aways.

Dan
Old 02-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Limb Driver is next on my list if I don't care for the Whammy in the long run. The new arrow holder they offer for the LD might work out pretty good.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

You ought to like it!!! I love mine...it is better than any other drop-away that I have used, except that it doesn't contain the arrow...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

You ought to like it!!! I love mine...it is better than any other drop-away that I have used, except that it doesn't contain the arrow...
Ah but the new one will...

SC, give us a full report and your honest opinion after using it

Derek
Old 02-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

The new capture arm will definitely make this rest more attractive to more hunters.

I have hunted with it for a couple of seasons and love the rest. I have not seen a need for full containment in my hunting but many do and this should be the ticket.

After setting up most of the dropaways out there. There is No doubt in my mind that the Limb Driver is the easiest setup with the most consistent results. I think you'll like it SC. I get very few who buy one that does not end up loving it.

Dan
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The new capture arm will definitely make this rest more attractive to more hunters.

I have hunted with it for a couple of seasons and love the rest. I have not seen a need for full containment in my hunting but many do and this should be the ticket.

After setting up most of the dropaways out there. There is No doubt in my mind that the Limb Driver is the easiest setup with the most consistent results. I think you'll like it SC. I get very few who buy one that does not end up loving it.

Dan
I don't want to be too quick to judge here, but thus far I'll give it about a 6.5 out of 10. The cord continues to stretch, and as I tinker with the poundage to dial the bow back in with my 2512s it seems to be different everytime I look at it. This doesn't really effect the shot as much as it effects my confidence in my equipment.

There is no way that I would hunt with this thing. Not without a major silencer replacement on the forks. I am reminded of the old TM hunter days before we firgured out shrink tubing and mole skin was a good idea.

The other major problem is that quite frequently on the draw, when the cord goes slack... it bows over right infront of my sights. Not infront of the pin heads, but itoverlaps the sight picture and that is a major distraction.

As to its accuracy.... I can't say yet. I don't feel I have the bow tuned to where it should be yet, so I cannot give it an unbiased green or red light until I get it that far. There are plenty of things I like about it, but color me negitive here... there are a lot things I don't like about it on this bow. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
I don't want to be too quick to judge here, but thus far I'll give it about a 6.5 out of 10. The cord continues to stretch, and as I tinker with the poundage to dial the bow back in with my 2512s it seems to be different everytime I look at it. This doesn't really effect the shot as much as it effects my confidence in my equipment.

There is no way that I would hunt with this thing. Not without a major silencer replacement on the forks. I am reminded of the old TM hunter days before we firgured out shrink tubing and mole skin was a good idea.

The other major problem is that quite frequently on the draw, when the cord goes slack... it bows over right infront of my sights. Not infront of the pin heads, but itoverlaps the sight picture and that is a major distraction.

As to its accuracy.... I can't say yet. I don't feel I have the bow tuned to where it should be yet, so I cannot give it an unbiased green or red light until I get it that far. There are plenty of things I like about it, but color me negitive here... there are a lot things I don't like about it on this bow. Maybe it'll grow on me.
I put BCY cord on mine right off the bat. I have Never had mine stretch even a little

Silent setup in anything is 99+% setup. There are several animals that wish mine had been noisey. I've hunted with QAD, Ripcord, Dropzone, TT, and Free Fall rests, and IMHO there is none that compares to the Limb Driver in simplicity and function, but they make several dropaways and I continue to sell them all.

I'm actually anxious to try the New Octane Trip wire rest.

Dan

Quick Reply: Guess who bought a Limb Driver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.