Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guess who bought a Limb Driver

Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guess who bought a Limb Driver

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Hey Swamper!

Yeah, I've probably been absent from this place here recently more than at any time in the last decade or so ... just a culmination of a couple things, really: board burnout and site problems beingamong them but probably more than anything is my new-found passion in predator trapping. I've spent most of my time over the past six months on the big trapping boards. I still check in fom time to time, and the time away has done me good.

Something you may want to do to help your concerns with putting it in the Bowmaster press...

I don't use Vapor Trail's attachment devices they include with the Limbdriver anymore. I just tie the cord around the limb using a d-loop knot, like the limb is the string and I'm tying on my regular d-loop. I do put a half-hitch around it once to make sure the knot doesn't pull through as I did a couple without doing that and the holding knot just looked too precarious to me.

Anyway... doing it that way now I can get my Limbdriver cord to fall off the SIDE of the limb and it's usually right on top of the corresponding hole for the Limbdriver, offering a cord that travels straight up and down instead of at an angle going up into the center of your top limb(s). Just in case you're wondering, I did this on my solid-limb Carni 31 as well.
That is a right slick idea.

How has the pred. trapping been going? Foxes? Yotes? Bobcats? House cats (I hope)? Little bit of everything?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, do you really know how bad yoiu messed up asking me that one?!?

He he...

Old 03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
bigcountry

Awesome set of pictures you got there greg. Looks as though your extremely successful at this too.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those pics are great Greg!

Derek
Old 03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh come on now.. I know you've caught a couple of ditch tigers! Where are all the pasture panther pictures???