Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Center shot on '08 Allegiance?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Center shot on '08 Allegiance?

This brings up a question I have about whether I'm doing something correctly or thinking about it the right way. I have always set center shot based on the center of that curve on the shelf to get started. I then go to paper tuning. BUT, I have never really paid any attention to my left and right tears so long as they're not ridiculous, only vertical tears. I adjustthe vertical tear outonly. This way I know my vertical is close. I then go to walk back tuning to set my horizontal adjustment.

Of course I do all of this knowing that I have the correct spined arrow. I've done this in the past and have gotten very good field point and broadhead groups this way.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

I have rarely gotten bullet holes and if I do I generally have to make changes anyway. I am not big on paper tuning but I do use it as a starting point.

One thing I am going to have to learn with these binary cams is..........can I tiller tune as I did in the past with dual cam bows? Even if it throws the tiller measurements off a hair? I always tiller tuned my dual cam bows to get the best groups available at 50-60 yards. Always worked for me, especially shooting broadheads. I started doing that after reading an article by Frank Pearson on tiller tuning your bow to shrink groups at 60 yards.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:37 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I always set centershot with the center. Put an arrow on the rest and look at its tip in reference with the cams.
I always did that as well, but was looking for a shortcut.
Honestly, that is the shortcut. Setting by a measurement is the long way around

Old 02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I always set centershot with the center. Put an arrow on the rest and look at its tip in reference with the cams.
I always did that as well, but was looking for a shortcut.
Honestly, that is the shortcut. Setting by a measurement is the long way around
Amen to that!