Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable in peep

Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 AM

Default Cable in peep

Hello everyone,
This is my first post.
I have a problem, I have a 2008 bowtech commander whichI love except for one thing. I have problem with being able to see the cable in my peep when at full draw. I can look past it but when I am competing every little thing can bother you if you know what I mean. I am looking at getting rid of this bow because of this and get a new one. Like I said, this is the bows only flaw that I notice. My question is this...I am looking at the new bowtechs and wondering....Do the new bows have this problem? I like bowtech alot but I am considering leaving that brand due to this issue. Any comments or fixes for my commander would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable in peep

Welcome aboard Patrick!

No real fix- at least aftermarket. It's the nature of the cam/bow design relationship. If the cables got pulled any further out of the way, the torque in the system would be tremendous and then you;d have limb twist/cam lean and far greater problems.

I can see them a bit as well on my 2009 Admiral. But once I'm into my aiming/shot sequence, I honestly don't notice them- at least to the point of where they might distract me-they are out of my focus and conscious thought- I've had several bows over the years that did the same thing so It doesn't really bother me I reckon.

Has it affected your scores or placing? I'm serious, not bustin your balls, just wondering.

Bottom line-shoot what works for ya

Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 AM

Sometimes when I am uncomfortable, you know when something just doesn't feel right it adds to my psychological distractions. I know that this is just me and something that happens when you are competing. Last year was my first year and I did quite well I just always lok for that one thing that might make my shooting better. You know how it is.....It's always the eqipments fualt right?????? Just kidding. Thanks for your imput. Have you heard anything about the new Bowtech captain?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Totally understand- confidence is everything.

I have shot the Captain a bit- IIRC , the cables showed up as well. I have not shot the Sentinel yet- being it's the longest CP riser they make this year and should have the least cable angle due to the length you may want to look into that one (especially as a competition bow)
Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just like Jeff I'm not busting your balls, but is it possible you are gripping the bow causing the riser to torque? It's just a suggestion in a question because I have no personal experience with the bow so am willing to learn, too, in case the question ever arises again.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 AM

No, I wish that was the problem but I have been properly taught and had people analyze my shooting form to see if that was what it was. I know that this is a charateristic of this bow so I can accept it. I am just looking for something that might not have this problem. I am looking at the x-force dream season right now but I really like Bowtech so we'll see. I think that it really is a confidence thing, I just need to look past the cable at thetarget and breathe! Like I said I am realtively new at this so my confidence is not quite there yet.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know some have changed the cable slide on BT so they could get cable clearance for Blazers,this might be something to look in to.I am not sure which brand they are recommending though.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Alpine, mach 5, I put one on my bowtech forblazer clearing works good.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Hicks cable slide will also give you a tad more clearence.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use this on my 2007 commanders with a 3/16 peep and I do not see the cable.

http://www.eders.com/products/saunders-hyper-glide-slide-black.html

Quick Reply: Cable in peep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.