Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Shooter

Old 04-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Shooter

Matt was correct I forgot to take off the extra for the arrow my figures where for a 350 gr arrow.
take off about 5fps for the peep
Old 04-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Timbawolf.......OK now ya gotta knock off another 10fps or so for your string load.
Takes the original speed guess down to about 230-235fps.

If you want to try a 350 gr. arrow you are now only giving up 85grs vs a 5gr/lb of draw 265gr arrow. that translates to an additional speed loss of around 30fps. this would take you to 268fps, but then throw in your stated string load and you could probably expect about 255-258fps. with that 350gr arrow.

In any event you have enough KE to get the job done, just shy away from mechanicals and look at a good fixed blade or replaceable fixed blade broadhead and you should have no trouble at all.

If it was me shooting that set-up I' d personally lean more towards the 400+gr arrow range to pick up a bit more momentum....every bit counts when you are a tad on the low side energy wise.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:58 AM

Thanks Matt..... ERRRRRR!!!! lol sorry, but I need more speed, this is going to double as a 3D bow and those speeds just wont do. What about a BK2, same specs, IBO 342-250 with a 360 and a 375 finished weight arrow? Thanks

Timba
Old 04-20-2003, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Timba,

I would reccomend the Tall Brace BKII. It will still give you quite a bit of speed. IME dropping below 6" in brace is just not a good thing unless one has a 26" or less draw length.

I was getting well over 300 FPS w/ my 28" BKII op2 from last year. This years model is faster w/ more brace height.

Check out the 2003 Manual for a list of 5 grain per LB speeds for each model and draw length @ www.bowtecharchery.com. It' s a free PDF download.

EDIT: Here' s the direct link http://www.bowtecharchery.com/downloads/2003_Manual.pdf
Old 04-20-2003, 09:18 AM

I' ve been riding the new bike and have not checked the board lately. Yes Nub I did and that' s with a Tru-Peep,Kisser Button,nock,eliminator button,and catwhiskers on Lancaster Archery' s Chrono.
Thanks Guys For The Info.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Timba,
At your draw weight and length IMO you are going to have a near impossible time trying to find ONE arrow that will do both..........At 53# you could easily shoot a 265-270gr arrow for 3D and get all the speed you want (especially if you lose the silencers which aren' t needed for foam targets) But should you shoot that light of an arrow at deer? I would say probably not.
A heavier 400ish grain arrow will be good for deer but is gonna fall short in the speed department for serious 3D shooting.
You are going to run into this problem with your specs with basically any bow out there........even one as fast as the VFT.
The BKII OptionII as Jeff pointed out has basically the same brace height as the VFT but will pick you up another 10-15fps or so right out of the box at your specs.
That would be a better double duty bow for you than the VFT in my opinion......a bit more ATA length (36" ) and some additional power would help you a heck of a lot more than someone like me who is already drawing 30" and can shoot 70#+.

I think in your case what' s good for one application won' t be good for the other, so my suggestion is if you must have one bow and want to COMPETE in 3D , then get 2 completely different sets of arrows.............if on the other hand you want the bow mostly for hunting and shoot 3D for hunting practice and fun, one moderately weighted set of arrows would be appropriate.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:34 PM

Alright, thanks guys. I think im going to go with the tall brace height BKII. This bow will be mostly for hunting but I want to shoot a couple 3Ds next year too. Wont be bad to have to resight for lighter arrows. But thanks for all the help,

Timba
Old 05-12-2003, 04:47 PM

Well guys< I went down Len' s today and got the VFT Extreme.Putting Copper John Dead Nuts Pro II, Bodoodle Pro Lite,Fletcher Tru-Peep,Stealth Stab., & ACC 3-49' s.
Shot a few arrows out of it and I like it.Only thing now is that Q2MD don' t fit as my name.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Give up the posts & fix that name. VFTMD. Hmmm sounds like VFT doctor. Your signature could be " I am a surgeon in the woods" .
Good luck & congrats on a good choice in your new bow.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

You change the name and I will see what I can do about your retaining your post status...