Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech String Help

Old 02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech String Help

ORIGINAL: N2D

Yeah, that's what I keep trying to tell my wife
That can be a hard sell!

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

N2D, like everyone said, bow maintenence is not really difficult at all. The important thing to always remember is to fully research what you're doing first, then, take your time doing it. I too ran into the same situation years ago, being tired of depending on shops to do work and then find out they don't do a very good job to begin with. I have only one shop that is close that I would ever let work on my bow. Unfortunately, they're not a Bowtech dealer so any warrenty work would have to go to the clowns I bought it from. So, I do everything myself except warrenty work.

As for your string, I'd just replace it and the cables. I'm not sure how old they are, but it never hurts to replace them if they're over a year old. Winners Choice is a fine product, albeit over priced, but very good.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

N2D, like everyone said, bow maintenence is not really difficult at all. The important thing to always remember is to fully research what you're doing first, then, take your time doing it. I too ran into the same situation years ago, being tired of depending on shops to do work and then find out they don't do a very good job to begin with. I have only one shop that is close that I would ever let work on my bow. Unfortunately, they're not a Bowtech dealer so any warrenty work would have to go to the clowns I bought it from. So, I do everything myself except warrenty work.

As for your string, I'd just replace it and the cables. I'm not sure how old they are, but it never hurts to replace them if they're over a year old. Winners Choice is a fine product, albeit over priced, but very good.
I'm with MM- Getting your own press and learning is a good thing to do- but I'd also just get a new set of strings and cables. The only beef I've ever had with Winners Choice is they will make any bow noisier than a comparable string from another "custom" manufacturer.- they are incredibly well built strings though-trouble free. If I were to get another WC string/cable set I'd get the 452X material for less noise compared to the normal 8125 they use.

You could also look into VaporTrail, and several other custom string builders.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
N2D

Well guys, the string and cable are in real good condition. All except the serving that is. Only had the bow since last springso I don't know if it would be best just to go ahead and change them both out and be done with it, or just change the string. Also, I have heard good things about winners choice strings but I have decided to get the Vapor trail. I have only heard good things about them. Thanks for the advice Jeff and MM.

It sounds like what you are saying about research and taking my time is solid advice MM. I will use my digital camera also prior. Now I need to find a bow press.

Ed
Old 02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vaportrail is good stuff, I doubt you will be disappointed!!