Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

DIAMOND MARQUIS SETUP PROBLEMS

Old 01-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default DIAMOND MARQUIS SETUP PROBLEMS

ok so here it is
im trying to set up my new bow with a spot hogg whammy drop away restbut im getting a few problems
first ive noticed that the string on the marquis is not running center it is centerd on the top wheel and to the left side on the bottom cam

so how do i set the bow up for vertical?

with the rest in place if i set the arrow up as level in line with the rest attachment holes the arrow is to low and i get clearance problems even with my blazers?

and the rest hits the riser if i try to raise the nock point to give clearance to the rest so as to not hit the riser the arrow is to close to the top string suppressor

also no matter how i set the arrow up for center shot (which is very hard to find) i get clearance problems on the cables if i turn the nock for clearance on the cables they hit the arrow rest bottom bar

there just doesnt seem to be a way around it?

also trying to find center shot is diffucult with the slanted string i used a new idea i came up with makeing a type of plum bob idea and when it lines up with the center of the riser under the handle the arrow is to far to the left if i center it with a centering tool i have cable clearance problems again

what a lot of problems on what i thought was a good bow
so is it just me or my set uo or has anyone else seen these issues
if someone has set the bow up to work can you please tell me what rest and how please i getting ready to turn it into a boat anchor
nothing seems to get it sorted

Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DIAMOND MARQUIS SETUP PROBLEMS

I just set mine up all over again after putting a new Bucknasty string on it. I didn't have to reset my rest since I didn't move it. What I did to find centershot the first time around was to place an allen wrench in each limb bolt and then stretch a large rubber band from one allen wrench to the other. I then threaded an arrow through the rubber band and nocked it. I adjusted my Limbdriver rest so the sides of the rubber band were equidistant from the arrow shaft. It has worked very well for me. I too have had clearance issues with Blazers and have had to shoot rooster vane out to clear the cable.

When setting up for verticle you say the arrow is even with the Berger hole. do you mean the top of the shaft? I set my verticle up by adjusting my rest so the bottom half of the berger hole is visible when the rest is in a raised position and the arrow is level. I hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for responding but i do have to say that for a site that has so many bowtech staff i never get much response from them when i have posted questions about there geaqr or bows???? wonder why that is
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter

ok so here it is
im trying to set up my new bow with a spot hogg whammy drop away restbut im getting a few problems
first ive noticed that the string on the marquis is not running center it is centerd on the top wheel and to the left side on the bottom cam
welcome to the world of single-cam technology. VERY VERY few single cam bows have a string that does not do this if it uses a single track idler. Nature of the beast. If you do not have a competent pro-shop handy, then my best suggestion is to center the string down the grip and set your initial arrow centershot there. Paper tuning will dial it in.

with the rest in place if i set the arrow up as level in line with the rest attachment holes the arrow is to low and i get clearance problems even with my blazers?
I am noticing a greater number of bows that are set up "high" where instead of the center of the arrow tracking through the center of the berger holes, that the bottom line of the shaft tracks through the center of the berger holes. My local tech has been doing this for a number of years and his reasoning for doing so is that is actual center of the bowstring and the bow will theoretically have the truest launch point from there. I cannot really argue with him- 3 bows I bought from him he set up for me (an old X-tec back in 2004, along with my new GT500 and Admiral) all shoot lights out this way and have magnificent arrow flight.

As for your diamond, it *may* be designed to take into account true center (i.e. like the setup I mention above). I don't know.

also no matter how i set the arrow up for center shot (which is very hard to find) i get clearance problems on the cables if i turn the nock for clearance on the cables they hit the arrow rest bottom bar
what kind of rest are you using?

As for the supressor- I'm assuming you are talking about the 2008 version. Frankly I think it's a poor design (and BT did too obviously, seeing the change for 2009). I would suggest removing the supressor from the roller guard (looks as if it will come out by loosening the set screws) and buying an aftermarket supressor. EDIT- Actually I'm not sure this would be a good idea if you don't plan on putting another string supressor design on it- the roller guard piece may protrude too far out and cause string wear issues from the string hitting it ( again-that is if you DO NOT put on another type supressor/stop)

Bottom line- I think you should get your bow in the hands of a competent tech used to setting thes ebows up before blaming your equipment too much-There are alot of guys shooitng these bows with no issues. Otherwise be prepared for alot of trial and error (which is not a bad thing- as long as you are prepared for it-great way to learn the ins and outs of tuning)
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

your right i will persists thing is i have had my own pro shop back in australia and will be setting one up here in uk was just getting annoyed at myself for having these problems
i will get it as for my rest i am trying to set up a spot hogg whammy drop away but am having issues with it hitting the riser i may have sorted it will check it all tomorrow to see
Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey oz, here are the pics of mine with the Limbdriver.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

another

Old 02-03-2009, 03:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I obviously need to spend some time cleaning up a bit of rust. I thought I'd taken care of all of it.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

thanks mate for the pics i can see where my main problem was that the height the spot hogg whammy needed to be to stop the arms from hitting the shelf made it to high and was getting very close to the suppressor this was what was causeing the problems

answer the spot hogg whammy is not a good rest for this bow
i am now looking at either the limb driver as in your pics or tje qad ultra rest the main difference is that the qad ultra will hold the arrow in the up position yet the limb driver looks to be a quality rest as well but has no holding feature so what one to use