Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtechs Cams and Timing

Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 AM
N2D

Default Bowtechs Cams and Timing

I have an 08 Ally with speed cams. Love the bow. Had a Limbdriver rest on it but switched it out for an Ultra Rest. Nothing wrong with the Limbdriver, just like the Ultra Rest better for verious reasons. Accuracy seems to be close to the same. However, I have heard that attaching a drop away cord to the harness can throw off the timing on Bowtechs. Anyone have any experience with this or know anything about this?

Thankks

Ed
Old 01-31-2009, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtechs Cams and Timing

I suspect its just a matter of getting the rest timing right. You def don't want the rest to come up so early that the cord is putting major pressure on one of the cables at full draw. It's an issue witha a single cam too. If for whatever reason the rest needed to come up a bit earlier than ususal you could alter cable length on the affected cable to bring the cams back to synch/proper poundage/letoff- i.e.compensate Bottom line you wouldn't want much pressure on the cable at all-just enough pressure for the dropaway cord to do it's job

Old 01-31-2009, 07:22 AM
N2D

Yes I would think that could be the trick. I was also wondering if there are any long term effects on timing even if the rest was timed properly? Seems to be fine right now.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ed, Get the cams synced at rest then check them at full draw (much easier to do with a draw board. Sometimes you have toadjust the twists inthe bottom cable.

You should have tried the New containment arms for the Limb DriversI'll have stock either Monday or Tuesday

Dan
Old 01-31-2009, 12:35 PM
N2D

Okay just got back from archery shop. Cams are in sync. I was told that if I had the rest timed properly(Which I do) there should be no problems./ Dan, shoot me a pic of one of those when they come in if you get a chance.

Thanks

Ed
Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: N2D

Okay just got back from archery shop. Cams are in sync. I was told that if I had the rest timed properly(Which I do) there should be no problems./ Dan, shoot me a pic of one of those when they come in if you get a chance.

Thanks

Ed
Ed, shoot me an email at: [email protected] midweek and I'll get one shot over to you. I'll also try to get a pic on the website, but that takes a little time to get done

Dan
Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 AM
N2D

Will do Dan

Thanks

Ed