Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eye dominance issue?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:21 AM

Default Eye dominance issue?

If someone is left eye dominant, but shoots right handed, would that affect point of impact when using a peep? My arrows seem to group consistent but left even with my sight maxed out on left/right adjustment.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eye dominance issue?

ORIGINAL: nralover

If someone is left eye dominant, but shoots right handed, would that affect point of impact when using a peep? My arrows seem to group consistent but left even with my sight maxed out on left/right adjustment.
Nope. If you're running out of adjustment, most likely something isn't quite in tune (assuming you're not following the arrow impact with the sight adjustment). Have you found centershot and walk-back tuned? Read over the stickies at the top if you're unsure. I shot right handed as a left eye dominant person for many years, and never had any issues.

Now that I read over that, are you shooting right handed WITH your left eye? If that's the case I could foresee that causing issues let alone being a nightmare to anchor (although I've seen pictures of it done). I'm assuming though you mean you're left eye dominant and shooting right handed using your right eye, correct?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:40 AM

Correct- I am left eye dominant shooting right handed while looking through the peep with my right eye and closing my left...
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nralover

Correct- I am left eye dominant shooting right handed while looking through the peep with my right eye and closing my left...
Ok, and your sight is maxed out, but you're still hitting left? Did you tune for centershot? Walk-back tune? Paper? What?