Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam and a half? Hoyt versus Mathews?

Old 04-16-2003, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cam and a half? Hoyt versus Mathews?

Here is my official prediction, write this down!

Conventional solocam systems will become COMPLETELY OBSOLETE within 5 years' time.

Darton went their own way back when Mathews started the conventional solo craze. IMHO, they chose correctly.

Hoyt has now also figured this out, and scrapped ALL conventional solocam models because the Hybrid has far more attributes, shoots and handles better, and you can do more things with it as far as future technological advancement goes. The conventional solo as is has simply run out of rope because there are only so many things you can do with it.

Merlin has also scrapped their entire line of conventional solocam models in favor of their new Omega hybrid system.

And, this trend is catching on. Hybrids have it all over any conventional solo system, and for THREE companies to think so and completely scrap there conventional solo lineups, (and two even their twin lineups!) says a mouthful about how confident these companies are that this system is the way of the future. Many more companies will follow in the next year or two, and the hybrid system in it' s many forms will become the new " king" of cam design. (write that down, too!)

Many manufacturers are working on these hybrid designs as we speak. Mathews' " subtle improvements" to their same old cam design are not going to be able to hold things in check for much longer, people are wising up to that. They will have to take another step foward into the hybrid world also to remain competitive. But of course that wouldn' t be a " solocam" , so they are in a bit of a pickle there.....

I also agree with Ausie-Guy, the MQ1 (along with the original Conquest Pro) were the two best bows Mathews ever produced IMHO. Both great bows for their time.

Just my thoughts, guess we' ll wait and see. Pinwheel 12
Old 04-16-2003, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin,

You should know better than that... I know darn well you read the page in the 2003 Mathews Catalog where they state,

" We built the world' s first " cam and a half" system way back in February of 1993. Our testing proved it to be inferior to the single cam."

It' s right there in black and white for everyone to read. It has to be right.... [:-]

Old 04-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok guys, chill out. I realize hoyt isn' t that bad. But the last time I said that, everybody started picking on me. Telling me that I am switching over or that I hvae one in the closet. Heck, even frank offered to send me a free one, which by the way, I have not seen.

I think Hoyt is a good bow, one of the top guys out there. But right now, I believe my SQ2 is the best shooting bow I have ever had. I have no plans on trading in on a new one just yet. But when I do, I will look at all bows again......just like last time. And I will go with wha feels the best.

And no, I don' t watch any 3d events or follow them. But I will say the same thing that you guys always said when Mathews was winning. You can put any bow in the hand of a champion and they can win with it.

I will say this though, Mathews better come out with something a little more updated next year. Yes the LX was a change of pace, with the great big cam, but a lot of people are looking at other lines of bows just because nothing has really changed. And the Cam & 1/2 is a big change that some of these guys are looking at.

As I sit here and think, even the tune of the board has changed over the last 3 years. It used to be Mathews this, Hoyt that. It seems that Mathews has died down (except for my big mouth) and Hoyt is maybe down a little. But now we have them pesky Bow Tech guys that took numbers out of each group. Don' t get me wrong, from what I hear Bowtech is a good bow too. I have never actually had my hands on one, but they look good.

And another thing, I can remember when a Mathews guys would try to have some fun and somebody would back them up. Why am I alone? The other guys must be out shooting there bows or something.....better be
Old 04-16-2003, 07:21 AM

I heard a rumor Kevin has a Crystal Ball(s)!
I have to agree though, Mathews will consistently lose customers as the hybrids " hype" proves to be, we that live and breathe this stuff already know, the next step.
Mathews is synonomous with " SOLOCAM" and they' ll have a tough decision coming in the years ahead...
Eat crow and come up with dually or hybrid. This will seem odd to those holding older model solocam bows as they' ll be like..." uhhh, you told me SOLO was the best??"

Stick with the solo and come up with new tricks to keep market share up...they can only do this so long before the name gives out though. The rest are taking it in another direction altogether now and making leaps...the " cable roller technology" won' t be enough down the road

Pull some wicked-crazy-I don' t-know-what out of the hat and amaze us all(except Kev and his Crystal).

It' ll be an interesting thing to watch for me.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:28 AM

I think SoloCams will be here....Has long has someone will buy them they will make um...No everone know Hoyt changes every year...So next year is it going to be Cam n three quaters?????...You will never see a dual Mathews...They might however start a NEW company....But they cant do it with Mathews.....Be like eating crow....
Old 04-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

IBM,

I think you are right. Now we just need to start makin' fun of those Bowtech guys as well.

But if Mathews and Hoyt have both died down then we need someone to pit against Bowtech. Any suggestions?

Old 04-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Bowtechshooter-

Pat, they also said:

" Twin cams are History" . hahahahaahahahahahaahahaha. yeah, OK.

and-

" Straightline cam, perfectly level nock travel" hahahahahhaahahahahahhaaha. Ditto.

and-

" Straightline 2--perfectly level nock travel" hahahahahahahaha. Ditto again.

and-

" We invented solocam technology" hahahahahahahahahhaha. Martin did in the 70' s.

So you KNOW they had to invent the hybrid too, and especially the cam.5 long before anyone else thought of it! NOT.

Moral of the story: Leave your options open, and don' t put all of your eggs into one basket![]

It will be interesting to see what kind of new sales pitch they can drum up when they try to enter the market with anything other than a true solocam. I believe the above posts are correct, they will open up a new company much like PSE did with the AR bows. Same bows, different name, only they will be able to offer a hybrid or twin without wearing egg on their faces. Pinwheel 12
Old 04-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

PW12,

You forgot my favorite. Right from one of their 6 PAGE ads in an archery magazine:

With just one cam, there is no longer a timing problem. Tuning is much easier. Accuracy much greater.
[] Unbelievable!
Old 04-16-2003, 06:41 PM

Hoyt also claims No Timing on their new cam' s...
Old 04-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Cam and a half? Hoyt versus Mathews?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.