Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What do you prefer? (Draw Cycle)

Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you prefer? (Draw Cycle)

I've shot tons of releases, including the Fletch Hunter, and I loved all my Scotts, but........................................

I don't see myself giving up my 2 Shot anytime soon.

I've got several different releases I practice with, including BT & relax releases. I don't like getting used towhena particular release goes off. That could be the start of something Bad

When it's killin' time I have my Carter on.

Dan
Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yall talkin about the old HCA supreme is pretty funny lol! My dad still shoots his at 80ish #'s and WONT give it up. NO joke here, one of his buddies offered to buy him a new mathews (around 04 or 05) and he didnt take him up on the offer[&:] I was shooting a Hoyt then too and was absolutely shocked that he wouldnt swictch when his best friend was offering to buy it[:'(] HE is just one of those people who says "I kill deer with this bow, why change?" WHich is true, its not the bow its the indian, but...

He has very bad shoulder issues as well, but still shoots it at a high DW. HE saysthe drawing/shooting motions dont hurthis shoulder, but i still tell him he should get a newer bow that will still fling the arrows at the same speed with a lower DW. Stubborn just doesnt go away...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw
Stubborn just doesnt go away...
It can be Hereditary too![8D]

Dan
Old 01-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good idea for a thread Jeff (the both of u's) .

Hmm, after shooting most of the single cams on the market for most of the years that they were "hot" I would say that I preferred that type of draw cycle. That is the total opposite of what both Jeffs are saying if I am not mistaken. I enjoyed the slow ramp up to peak weight at the back end of the draw cycle and then the drop off into the 75-80% letoff valley and rock solid backwall(most of the models I owned at the time).

In truth, when the Binary cams were first introduced I did not like the feel of the draw cycle because it ramped up so quickly to peak weight. The transition into the valley and backwall wasn't bad but that initially jump really bothered me. But, I shot them for a few years and became somewhat accustomed to it. It wasn't until the General came out though that I can really say I liked the feel of the draw cycle. I used the smooth mods with that bow and never the speed mods so I cannot comment on the how it felt with those in particular. The Black Ice's single cam was probably one of the smoothest I have ever shot in terms of both how it went up to peak weight and also the transition in the valley.

Right now I really like the Ross Carnivore 31's draw cycle. That little "Crank" device makes it feel very smooth in all stages of the draw cycle and I truly love not only shooting it but drawing it as well.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank:

I have to agree on the Black Ice cam. Never shot one, only drew the bow several times @ Cabelas, but it made the "Truth" feel very stiff. I think the Freedom cam was one of the smoothest cams ever. (Should have bought the Pro 40 Freedom from you when you offered it!)
Old 02-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Spike

i like it to ramp up to peak weight fairly quicklyandthen roll over smoothly into full draw the smoothest 70#bow ihave drawn back is the mathews drenalinI cant draw back my PSE stinger at70# but idrew the mathews drenalin back no worriesbecause of the draw cycle but i still love my PSE i shoot it at65# easy soi'm not to worried.