Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need help with a sight!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2003, 11:55 AM

Default Need help with a sight!!!!!!!

I have an extreme sniper. this is a great sight that has 4 pins at .019 diameter. I use this sight for 3D and hunting.

I saw on their web page that they sale powered lenses for this sight. I was wondering if anyone has used a powered lens (2X-4X) with multiple fixed pens.

How will this affect the pin location. ( will they stay the same, move closer or further apart)?

I would like to compete with the top shooters at the local 3D shoots and I think a powered lens could help. Of course so would an adjustable sight but I don' t have $250 to lay down on a Sure-Loc.

First things first. Let me know what ya' ll think
Old 04-11-2003, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Need help with a sight!!!!!!!

I haven' t any expierience with those you mentioned. So here is my suggestion. You are going to be in the open class if I' m not mistaken, because you' ll be using magnification. That is how it is around here anyway. So if that is the case, I recommend going to the adjustable sight/ scope direction. I' ve heard it called the " dial a guess" method.

Keep an eye out here for a used sightbar and scope. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumd...29bf&forumid=8 It is a great place to pick up some great stuff at good prices.

I think you can get a Sureloc Challenger for around than $150 new. When I first got my target sight, I wanted a large scope lense and a choice of powers and pin options so I could find out what I' m comfortable with. I also wanted a good sightbar that is also affordable. I ended up with the Challenger and a GKF 3D Vision (2X,4X, and 6X lenses and green and orange fiber optics). I use it with a Super Peep with a yellow clarifier. It works great and I love the large field of view for 3D.

-Chief