Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what to do, what to do...

Old 04-12-2003, 06:14 PM

Default RE: what to do, what to do...

DaveC-If your talking about the power drop and if there' s something to hold the arrow on the shelf,If i' m not mistaken the power drop is always in the up position until you shoot,Then it resets its self.Least thats the way i understood it.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:00 PM

I have been using the Boodle Pro Lite for four years and love the same great results it provides on each shot.[8D]
Old 04-13-2003, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

jsager, you are correct. I did some further research after posting yesterday and Yes, the power drop does stay up until the cables come foreward enough to hit the plunger and lower the arms.
I was wanting something that actually " holds" the arrow in place until needed.
After using the WB for over a year, I have become very reliant on the arrow always being ready. I didn' t know how BAD the WB had made me become as far as drawing the bow until I shot my mighty mite with my old tiger tuffy rest. I' ve become very used to just throwing the bow up, yanking the string back, placing the pin on the target, and then shooting. I forgot what having to keep the bow perpendicular to the ground during the rest phase and draw cycle was all about.
Is this a bad thing, most likely yes, but as long as I' m shooting with a WB accuratly I don' t see where it will matter. (I don' t shoot 3-d or competition)

The only reason I was wanting to try something else is I feel the WB is not as foregiving as a drop away seeing that any input I have on the bow after release is transfered to the arrow until it clears the WB, not upon release as a drop away does.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:05 AM

The whisker biscuit will spoil you when it comes to holding your arrow and having it ready. That is what the rest is doing (or not doing well), 99.999% of the time, and it becomes very obvious to WB users, that it excels at this.

It is my belief that if you have tuned your setup and are shooting the correct draw weight for your arrow spine, that accuracy is as good as any other rest. I shoot in a winter league, and although I' m not a top shooter (probably lots of form flaws) , I shoot as well or better with the WB as I have with any other rest. At my average hunting shot of about 15 yards, I' d much rather have the benefit of an arrow that is always ready to go, then to pickup up some barely detectable, minuscule amount of accuracy that has no effect at that distances my hunting shots are taken at.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

After reading your response and then re-reading my post. I think I' ve answered my own question as far as what rest to outfit my new mighty-mite with.
Since I don' t shoot competition, any accuracy gained in a drop away would not overcome the amount of huntability gained by the WB. And since hunting is all I do..... It only makes sense to me (now) to get one of the new Quick draw deluxe WB' s.
With the money I save over a fancy drop away, I can get a new 4 degree offset fletcher which will solve the only issue I currently have with my WB' s. (it' s taking it' s toll on my helical fletched arrows, while not showing any damage to my straight factory fletched arrows).
Thanks for the post