Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

looking for a new rest

Old 04-11-2003, 03:08 AM

Default looking for a new rest

what do you all think?

my quicktune 1000 ( basic ) seems to always get in the way of the veins. the depth of the fork is to shallow compare to the flecthing on my arrows. when i am done shooting that day. i notice that there is white markings on the middle of the fork. i also look in the flecthings and notice some black from them scuffing the bottom of the fork.
which is a better rest that has a deep fork? ( i don' t want the wisker bisquet due to hearing that they will wear out the flecthing if shooting alot out of it ).
plus the quicktune nub sits so far out that i can' t get the arrow holder all the way seated in it' s locking mechanism.
any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:45 AM

Default RE: looking for a new rest

GKF Power Drop. The best new rest this year IMO. Very easy to setup and tune. It works exactly like a typical prong rest which gives the shaft plenty of guidance, but the prongs drop at the last instant, giving total fletching clearance. The prongs always stay in the up position so it doesn' t need an arrow holder. No linkages to worry about. It is very sturdy.

I knew I had something when I started cutting fletchings at 40 yards.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You got another vote for the Power Drop right Here!!![8D]
Old 04-13-2003, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are the chances of dirt or debris getting inside the piston/shaft area of the plunger mechanism of the power drop?
I' ve had my bow get plenty dirty and was wondering if cleanliness is going to be a concern with the operation of this rest.

Since I started using a soft bow case for my 4 wheeler ride to the stand(4+ miles) my bow has stayed much cleaner than in the past
Old 04-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like you would like a bodoodle zapper 400, put a new one on my rest this week, wish I had found it sooner.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
CG

The two best hunting rests I have used are the whisker Bisquit and the Trophy Taker....Outstanding rests...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

If you got the instructions with your QT 1000 it tells you how to fix the problem.

I used to shoot with the 1000 until I upgraded to the QT 4000.

The white marks on the fork shows where your vanes are hitting the rest. This tells you which direction you need to move your rest. Move in the direction of the fork with the white mark. Then spray with foot powder and shoot again. Be very careful when you move the rest though . . . it does not take much movement at all to make the necessary changes.

If my memory serves me correctly, these instructions are also on theit website.
[I just checked their website and they have the instructions for the QT 1000. The following URL contains the instructions mentioned above; sorry it took so long. http://www.newarchery.com/faq/faq.asp?fID=9]

You may also need to adjust the width of your forks this is mentioned in the Easton Arrow Tuning and Maintenance Guide [2nd Edition] page 6.

I did find this in their FAQ' s:

Q:How do I make my QuikTune arrow rest easier to tune?
A:If you shoot a QuikTune 1000, 1000 Pro Series, 2000 or 3000, and are having trouble getting a good paper tune, try this to make the rest more forgiving.
Reduce your prong gap (on 1000 or 3000 models ) to the minimum that allows good fletch clearance.
Nock your arrow on the string and set the arrow on the rest.
Reduce the spring tension so that it barely holds the arrow up when setting on the rest.
These simple steps will properly match the spring tension and prong gap to the specific arrow you shoot. As a result it will be much easier to get a good paper tear when you are paper tuning.

Old 04-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

What are the chances of dirt or debris getting inside the piston/shaft area of the plunger mechanism of the power drop?
I' ve had my bow get plenty dirty and was wondering if cleanliness is going to be a concern with the operation of this rest.
dirt and dust will not or should I say cannot cause the rest to malfunction.
I have well over 800 shots thru my PD without any trouble from the rest whatsoever!
But dont take my word for it Go to your local archery shop and examine the rest for yourself.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:21 AM

DaveC,
I was a little concerned about dirt/dust clinging to the grease on the plunger shaft when I first got this rest, but so far it has not been a problem. I plan to clean the shaft every so often and put new grease on it so this doesn' t become a problem later.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:07 PM

I like the trophytaker, simple and easy to set up.

Quick Reply: looking for a new rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.