Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BH & FOC

Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BH & FOC

I just checked and you could go 29" shaft and DW of 64#'s but it doesn't help your FOC much.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

BC: Ok smart ass -- no need to be a douche -- thats why I asked. To the others that are helping, thanks. GT says the 7595's are the correct spine. Wonder whats up with that? Yes Frank-- 70lb draw
See, thats not nice, i am here trying to be a nice guy and help out a fellow archer and have to take abuse like that. These kids these days

Old 01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Bruce. Yeah when Micheal tuned the bow he used my arrow. 1 shot -- perfect tear. saw it with my own eyes.

BC: Yeah i appreciate you trying to help me when you give me suggestion on what to look at/change. However, when you add at the end of your statements: "but we don't need to tell him that", you just come off as an ass. I know its your pathetic attempt to imply that you know more than I do about tuning -- which i don't argue because you're an OLD FARTand you have been doing this since the slavery. I mean come on man -- I wouldn't be asking for help if I thought I knew it all -- but ya don't have to try to non-chalantly (if thats even a word) rub it in my face.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
bigcountry

I guess we just have to chalk it up to upbringin. These darn kids.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah we may not get along but I like your advice and feel you are knowledgable about this subject so keep it comin. I still love you (HUGS)
Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Yeah we may not get along but I like your advice and feel you are knowledgable about this subject so keep it comin. I still love you (HUGS)
See, now I am very uncomfortable.[]

Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Oh come on big boy
Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

To the OP. I'm not sure how your tuner tuned your bow. Heck! I'm not even sure what all kind of tuning Crackers does when he tunes a Bow, but......................................

I don't really put much stock in paper tuning. IMHO it's not muchbetter than setting up with lasers, and/or levels. It's way too easy to get false readings. The real tuning comes after that.

Good Luck with your arrow! Like I said before there are a lot of variables in building a Great hunting arrow, correct spine, adequate fletching, weight, FOC, etc.

Keep after it you'll get it! Everyone can learn something so never hesitate to ask a question.

Dan
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

To the OP. I'm not sure how your tuner tuned your bow. Heck! I'm not even sure what all kind of tuning Crackers does when he tunes a Bow, but......................................

I don't really put much stock in paper tuning. IMHO it's not muchbetter than setting up with lasers, and/or levels. It's way too easy to get false readings. The real tuning comes after that.

Good Luck with your arrow! Like I said before there are a lot of variables in building a Great hunting arrow, correct spine, adequate fletching, weight, FOC, etc.

Keep after it you'll get it! Everyone can learn something so never hesitate to ask a question.

Dan
I have to agree. Paper tuning is just an estimate to get you close. The real tuning is on the range. Read up on it, and learn how to do it, and thentune your rest for bh's. Its not hard, just play with it and you will get it. ITs the off season (for most) youve got time to get those bh's flying right.

Derek