Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Truly superior, or hype?

Old 04-10-2003, 04:51 PM

Default Truly superior, or hype?

Excluding any successful experience that you have had with Muzzy broadheads -as others have had with different brands, and excluding the success and praise that other Muzzy users have reported, what are the factors e.g. material, design, etc. that influences, or influenced you, you to believe(d) that the Muzzy is a superior broadhead over other broadheads, and that the cost is justified ($60 to $70 for 12 heads, and $14.00 for 18 replacement blades [ $74-$84 ]?

I am not picking on Muzzy. I am using Muzzy because it is one of the popular broadheads. If you do not shoot Muzzy and want to state why you use chose and use the broadhead you do; using the same above exclusions, state why you use the brand/model you do.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Truly superior, or hype?

Actually muzzy' s are about on par, or a little bit cheaper, with the rest of the upper end broadheads as far as price goes. The blades lock into the furrel instead of just sliding into a slot like thunderheads. They have a very sharp and strong tip that will bust through just about anything and it screws down over the top of the blades. The blades come very sharp.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:49 PM

1. I like the lock in design that muzzy uses to hold the blades in place.
2. I like the chisel shaped tip for deep penetration.
3. I like the idea that all 3 parts can be independently replaced without having to get a whole new head. This ability to interchange tips, shanks, and blades also helps when trying to get the broadhead into perfect tune.

Just my thoughts...

With my drop away, they hit perfectly along with field points as well.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:35 PM

Steelforce 100 grain (cut on impact) - until I find something better. Never tried Muzzy' s yet - just know that steelforce flies the same as my field tips, and I' m 1 for 1 on deer with them.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:42 PM

Because they are BAD TO THE i mean BAD THROUGH THE BONE[:-]
Old 04-10-2003, 08:01 PM

5 SHOTS testing
Old 04-10-2003, 08:29 PM

Once you have a broadhead that works good for you and you have confidence in, it make good economic sense to stay with it. It doesn' t have to be proven superior, just effective. So far, everything I' ve shot with Muzzys, has been quickly recovered. My experience with them, tells me they' re good enough for my kind of hunting. With Muzzys I have lots of practice blades and regular blades, so I never run out of them and it' s cheaper to buy replacement blades then it is to buy new broadheads to try out.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with the other posts. The blade locking design coupled with the size and strength of Trocar tip are probably the two biggest factors that lead to the heads durability in the field and subsequent popularity.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:35 AM

I like the way they are put together, especially the way the trocar tip screws on over the top to hold it all together. I have NEVER had one come apart. I' m absolutely confident in the strength and accuracy of my MUZZY heads. As for price the MUZZY' s are the same price as a Thunderhead/Steelforce/WASP/Barrie(RM)/Rocket . So where a price issue comes from I don' t know. I can get a 6 pack of MUZZY heads for around $30-35 tops, same as the others mentioned. And the other heads aren' t BAD 2 THE BONE TOUGH!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 06:38 AM

I shoot Vortex mechs now and love them, but shot Muzzy' s for several years and killed a few deer with them. They always shot great and if I remember correctly two of those deer were killed with the same broadhead and resharpened blades.

They are my fixed blade of choice.

I don' t worry too much about a few extra dollars one way or the other where broadheads are concerned. I figure if I' m going to spend hundreds of dollars on the rest of my equipment, I sure as heck ain' t going to go cheap on the broadheads. I' m much more concerned about quality and performance and Muzzy' s have given both to many, many archers for years.

Quick Reply: Truly superior, or hype?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.