Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Sight Opinion

Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another Sight Opinion

Ok so I got everything redone on my bow except for the sights. I am looking into 3 sights mainly: Sword 3rd plane, sure loc lethal weapon, or a Spot Hogg Hog it. Anyone got any suggestions? Opinions and why please.

Oh and I can now vouch for Micheal Deck at Terminal Velocity (taught by Crackers). He installed my VTX strings and a Limbdriver. 1 shot perfect bullethole. 328 fps with 350gr and 303fps with 420gr aroow. Guess those tuners like crackers and micheal aren't that good huh BC
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Sight Opinion

I only can offer experience with the Spot Hogg. I have been using a Hunter Hogg-it for 3 seasons now and the site has worked flawlessly. I still need to get the wrap kit for mine (came out after I bought mine) but other than that, no complaints at all.

I've also heard good things about the other two you've mentioned as well.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I like the Hogg and the lethal weapon but they are so much more money. The Sword is much more cost effective
Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Ok so I got everything redone on my bow except for the sights. I am looking into 3 sights mainly: Sword 3rd plane, sure loc lethal weapon, or a Spot Hogg Hog it. Anyone got any suggestions? Opinions and why please.

Oh and I can now vouch for Micheal Deck at Terminal Velocity (taught by Crackers). He installed my VTX strings and a Limbdriver. 1 shot perfect bullethole. 328 fps with 350gr and 303fps with 420gr aroow. Guess those tuners like crackers and micheal aren't that good huh BC
You know you can do this stuff yourself don't ya? What black magic do you think they did that we can't do here?

Those guys got a racket going. But whatever gets you thru the night, as long as you think it was money was well spent. I will keep tuning my own and keep my money in my pocket.

And think about this. A compound bow is a dynamic thing. One can squeeze out every fps and guess what? Things change over time.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

No i agree that I probably could do it all myself. But to have it tuned to perfection for under and a strings put on for under $50 cause I know my bow is shooting its best. Also I would rather spend $50 once every 2 or 3 years for a proper tune than spend the well over $500 on all the equipment needed for what Micheal did
Old 01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Back to the opinions about which sights. Lets not get in a pissing contest. Any experience with these sights anyone
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave two hunter hogg-its. They are sturdy as a rock and very adjustable. Likely have one of these on my deer bow for the forseeable future.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:31 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Back to the opinions about which sights. Lets not get in a pissing contest. Any experience with these sights anyone
No contests as you say. You felt it necassary to call me out in this thread. And I just replied.

What did you expect? Your on a bow tech page. Not a "lets ship my bow to a pro-shop and have techs work on it" page.

It would be about the same going to the reloading page and telling them your experience buying ammo built up by some other reloader and you shooting it. I am just saying.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tfox, hasboth of the Swords. He has the twilight hunter, and the 3rd plane one.I believehe told me he likes the twilight sight better. PM him about them.

For a 314-322fps bow to get328, thatis sweet. And for 50$, i like you, think its well worth it.

Derek
Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Typical Buck

Sword Twilight Hunter Sight

I've used this for my 1st season this year and love it. Used the spot Hogg before and you can't go wrong there either. I tried a mid priced sight this year as I was doing a review for a mid priced bow.Well I'm impressed with the Sword sight andam sure you will too. Strong as hell in the bush and the pins are protected.The light has 3 different settings for brightness too, which is good.Best of luck searching. Paid $97 for it,so it's about 40 bucks cheaper than a Hogg
Rocky

Quick Reply: Another Sight Opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.