Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Sight Opinion

Old 01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Sight Opinion

ORIGINAL: drockw

For a 314-322fps bow to get328, thatis sweet. And for 50$, i like you, think its well worth it.
It has been my understanding that going from stock strings to something like Vapor Trails would give you an extra 6-10 FPS which may explain the increase more than a "super tune". I'll save my $50 and spend it on something cool like a RAM spine tester.

I do wonder, though, if a bow is tuned to shoot most efficiently how it can be "super tuned"? It seems to me that a bow is tuned or it isn't and,how "super tuning" gains more FPS at the same string,DW, ATA and BH, cam timingas "regular" tuning just doesn't seem logical. I would be interested in seeing those measurements of a bow tuned "regularly" and shooting bullet holes and those measurements after it has been "super tuned".
Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I agree derek -- certain people on here are just jelous they can't do what others can with the same equipment.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Ok really enough about the supertuning -- back to the questions about the sight. Althought the twilight hunter is appealing I am looking for a dovetail mount.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

I agree derek -- certain people on here are just jelous they can't do what others can with the same equipment.
But that's just it, they can . Why would anyone be jealous of 10-15fps? That's just ridiculous .

Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Man some of you really know how to ruin a forum. So much for archers helping archersor archers respecting archers. If so many people can do it then why don't they just open their own shop as well and HELP other archers that don't have the equipment readily available? Some of you have turned this into nothing but a di** measuring contest.....and sorry to tell ya but currently Micheal Deck is in the lead in my books.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Ok so I got everything redone on my bow except for the sights. I am looking into 3 sights mainly: Sword 3rd plane, sure loc lethal weapon, or a Spot Hogg Hog it. Anyone got any suggestions? Opinions and why please.

Oh and I can now vouch for Micheal Deck at Terminal Velocity (taught by Crackers). He installed my VTX strings and a Limbdriver. 1 shot perfect bullethole. 328 fps with 350gr and 303fps with 420gr aroow. Guess those tuners like crackers and micheal aren't that good huh BC
You started this thread about sights but MOST of your post is a slam against do-it-yourselfers . So many people can do it but they don't want to make it a JOB and take money from suc...er, people that can't do it . Actually a lot of us do it for our friends and we don't even charge them [:-].

Is it helping archers telling them they need to spend money getting their bow "super tuned" for an extra 10 FPS or is it helping archers telling them they can do it themselves and in the process of doing it themselves they can learn a whole lot more about archery than who may be the best "super tuner" currently .
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Spot-Hogg Hogg-It with wrap. I also love working on my own gear. And in my humble opinion tuned is tuned. Either it is or it isn't.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah it is helping an archery telling him to go get his bow porperly tuned when he doesn't have a good shop around or can't afford to buy the equipment neccesary to do a proper tuning. Heck I could tune my own bow if I really wanted -- its not rocket science -- however, I don't have a press to do some of the things needed for a full tune; and a half -azz job is not satisfactory to me. All this crap started when I mentioned to some guy about going to Crackers in MO because he needed help and said he didn't have a good shop nearby -- soI simply give him a reference of someone who is highly thought of in the industry and SOME of the DIY-ers get your panties all in a bunch. I in no way stated that he was better than anyone else at first -- I simply made a reference -- then ya'll got your feelings hurt and started getting offensive -- so I argued back. I have no problem with DIY-ers, I wish I could afford the equipment so then I can start tinkering a little more. But until then I will keep taking my bow to Micheal Deck and gettin above factory IBO speeds.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started out going to a shop because I didn't know crap from apple butter when it came to my gear. I paid attention when I was there and I paid attention here. I'm in no way faulting you for using a shop. I hope my post didn't come across that way.
I started buying my shop equipment a bit at a time. I bought a Bowmender press because they work great and were reasonably priced. I picked up a littlebit here and there,(both knowledge and gear), until I became pretty self sufficient. I still don't have everything I want or need but I'll tell ya what, there is a great feeling of satisfaction when you do what it takes to get that perfect bullet hole tear all on your own.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see the need to press a bow to tune it but if you do:

BOWMASTER BOW PRESS AND PARALLEL BRACKET KIT - $44.95

Now you can "super tune" it yourself for less than the cost of one visit. Plus you can "super tune" it whenever you want, pay yourself $50, and use that money to buy more equipment .

Quick Reply: Another Sight Opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.