Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

High Country 3 gr per #bows

Old 04-10-2003, 08:19 PM

Default RE: High Country 3 gr per #bows

Cam and a half your face. That has to be the funniest thing that I have ever heard.

I vote that we have a part in the chat room called " rack Attacks Stand Up Hour"

As far as the bows go, they aren' t anything special in my book. They claim super fast speeds while using these ULTRA SUPER LIGHT arrows, so, how is that not marketing these for shooting light arrows?

According to the 3 grains euqals 1 f.p.s. rule, a BK II shooting 3 grains per pound, set at 70 pounds, would shoot 396 f.p.s.

I heard somewhere that they said they had a bow that they were comming out with that was shooting 475 f.p.s. I am not sure if this is true, but, if you take this as 70 pound draw using a 3 grain per pound arrow, there is a 140 grain difference. For every three grains you add, you loose 1 foot per second. That is a speed difference of 46.6 f.p.s. So, take that 475 f.p.s. and nock off that 46.6 f.p.s. for the extra 140 grains off arrow, and you get a actual IBO speed of 428 f.p.s. Like I said, this 475 f.p.s. bow could be a pure rumor, as I am not sure where I heard it or if it was true, but, if they claim this, then, I just don' t see why they would ever want to advertise these 3 grains per pound campaigns.

I know that they have claimed bows at shooting 375 f.p.s. Using this same 140 grain difference than the 5 grains per second, there is a 46.6 f.p.s. difference. Knock that off and you get a bow shooting 328.333333 f.p.s. VERY Impressive, but, it still isn' t as fast as a BK II.

If I would see these bows advertised with TRUE IBO speeds, and if there were tests done prooving their durability, and everything came out positive, I might go get my hands on one and try it out, but, I don' t think that either of these two things will happen
Old 04-11-2003, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

once again that is what the dry fire machine was trying to show the public that the carbon can take dry fire after dry fire and you can get from 500 -900 dry fires before a string would brake i have personally done these tests and many more oh and i have also tested the bk2 and at 3.5 grain per pound it did shoot about the same but this is the point that they are pushing is the bk2 is unshootable at that light of arrow loud and vibrates afull were the carbon absorbs and is totaly shootable with the perfx cam and not only has the bk2 been tested there are several more to see how they compare so this stuff is not some crazy marketing campaign that is made up this stuff has been throughly tested and with the test they offer a lifetime warranty on the bow !
Old 04-13-2003, 08:42 AM

I got a SSR 14" limb pro perfx cam
I set it up at 70#s 29" draw (that' s my draw length) 358g arrow closes to 350g I could get it shot 308fps. this bow is very quiet I shoot in doors all you here is the arrow hitting the target
If you get the chance to shoot one, try it, you will be impressed
I shoot the duel cam at Indy at over 400fps & the perfx cam at 376fps with the arrow at 225g
Greg
Old 04-13-2003, 02:46 PM

No thanks, I' ll take a 5 pound hunting setup shooting mid to heavy weight arrows with lots of K.E. and not worry about getting a scalp treatment from a flying limb. Accuracy suffers when most bows get below 3.5 pounds IMO and when I want to make a good shot count I want the bow to be steady and hold well. Ever been hunting in a tree stand when the wind is blowing? That is when every ounce counts
Old 04-14-2003, 08:51 AM

At the ATA show, Kevin Strother, VP of Bowtech, after seeing what HC was doing, took an Extreme VFT, set it up with the same gr./lb. ratio, and shot it through the chrono........427 fps! LOL
Old 04-14-2003, 01:05 PM

You can shoot a deer with a toothpick at light speed and it' ll still run off. I' ll take my 7+ gr/lb and enjoy jerky, and Venison Neck and green chili Tacos and Sausage and backstrap sandwiches and.....