Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quick arrow selection assistance

Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default quick arrow selection assistance

my problem is i have a very large draw length and want to minimize my arrow weight as much as possible.

Parker bow, 31" & 68#.

i currently use carbon express terminator lites and i think they are just a hair underspine..... so i am looking to get the lightest weight arrow and still be spined well.... i have been looking at maxima hunter 350's, but i want to make sure they would not be underspined.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: quick arrow selection assistance

BlackHawk Vapor pro's have a .300 spine and are only .1 grains heavier per inch than those terminator hunter lights.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

BlackHawk Vapor pro's have a .300 spine and are only .1 grains heavier per inch than those terminator hunter lights.
thanks josh..is that what you use with your 30" draw?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Go to a good pro shop one that has someone in it that knows what they are doing. They will have the charts to help you choose the right arrow for your set up. Good Hunting.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

If ya don't mind the larger diameter, go with Gold Tip Ultra light Series 22s. 7.3 grains per inch. 300 spine. Great shooters. I shoot them for 3D, have hunted with them in the past, know some guys that swear by them for hunting. Great arrow.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RJPOUTDOORS

Go to a good pro shop one that has someone in it that knows what they are doing. They will have the charts to help you choose the right arrow for your set up. Good Hunting.
rj... the one pro shop closed down and the only places are cabelas (100mi), sportsmans warehouse (30mi) and bass pro (80 mi)... they all have good archery dept., but staffed with persons with less experience then myself... and if you look at the charts, the arrows i have selected say that it is ok...however, i don't think many tests are done with a 31" draw... most people at the sports stores just look at the charts provided by the manf., but sometimes i doubt there charts and was hoping to get first hand knowledge of persons with that long ofa draw.

Ben/PA ... thanks i will look into them