Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

stabalizer

Old 12-31-2008, 07:30 PM

Default stabalizer

My Husband bought me a Browning Mirco Adrenalin for Christmas. I have shot it several times and have been hunting with it, but my question to you is that we have not put a stabalizer on it and it is very quiet but what i want to know is what exactly does the stabalizer do, and do I need to put one on it. Thanks for any and all info you can give me.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: stabalizer

Debbie, welcome to the forums.

You might want to change your font size to make it easier to read.

And it's stabilizer, [8D]

A stabilizer does several things really. First, it stabilizes the bow. Really though, it takes a long stabilizer to do this. This is why you see many competition shooters shooting extremely long stabilizers to do just that. That stabilizer counter acts weights of the bow to balance or counter balance the bow, again depending on the stabilizer.

Secondly, it takes vibration out of the bow. That is if you have one capable or adequate to do just that.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 PM
bigcountry

A person really has to try several stabilizers and see which one balances the bow. I like for my bow to stay balanced after the shot with a very loose grip. usually bows fall forward or back if they are not balanced.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

A stabilizer will tone down extra bow movement.Especially when extra weight is added out in front of the stabilizer.IMO,they are a must for accuracy,especially at any kind of distance.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

well it can do alot. it keeps ur bow level when ur done with the shot. It can also keep the bow a little quieter.