Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I Can't get the arrows out of the target!!! :-(

Old 01-24-2002, 04:59 AM

Default RE: I Can't get the arrows out of the target!!! :-(

Matt, if you try the Pig Points, let me know what you think. A group of 4 or 5 of us shoot,(informally on our own 3-D type range), during the summer. The first time we tried to pull a carbon launched from a Q2, I started laughing and picking on the guy trying to pull it for being a weakling! Then I tried, and even with my butt against the McKenzie and both hands on the arrow, I could hardly budge it, I quit laughing! The Pig Points made a world of difference for us, I wouldnt shoot carbons again without them. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:09 PM

I FOUND THE BEST THING IS USING THE GOLD TIP 3D POINTS THEY WORK THE BEST THEY ARE LARGER AT THE FRONT END AN PUNCH A NICE HOLE FOR THE ARROW.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

I found the easiest way for me to get the arrows out of a target is to get my son to pull them. But I also carry my Ivory soap in a small release pouch (in case my son needs it).

Edited by - IMN23D on 01/24/2002 13:39:44
Old 01-24-2002, 09:05 PM

matt, maybe i overlooked it, but be very careful removing any carbon from a 3-d target. if you elect to twist your arrow to break it free, you will most likely damage the arrow, if not break it. the only carbon i know of that can be twisted is a easton acc, or hyperspeed. i pulled a redline in half over the weekend, so i wouldnt reccomend the twist method. the ivory soap is the best thing going, along with the 3rd hand puller. make sure you get the new puller, the one with the squared off groove in it. just close it around the shaft, and pull. make sure no one is behind you while pulling, the arrow can come out very quickly after if breaks free. good luck.