Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release Suggestions?

Old 04-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Release Suggestions?

Did the thumb piece look like this one?

http://www.truball.com/Pages/kinggeorge.html

It probably an older king george extreme, they recently went to the round knurled thumb trigger. Even the regular King George has the round knurled thumb pin, although the web doesn' t show it. I shoot the regular King George, and like it alot.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the thump arm, but the thumb trigger is round like the other king george link you posted.
The palm piece is the same as the 1st king george release link you posted.
Maybe the one we got is a Frankenstein.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:57 PM

Jason, After 40 years of finger shooting I just switched to a TruBall release.
I wanted a finger grip release, a ajustable pressure thumb trigger with the option of maybe going to back tension later. I also wanted athe option of a string loop on the bow string or on the release and the 360* rotation.
Pretty much all the things you mention.
I bought the TruBall after trying one at the local archery shop and after one or two trips to the range Im extremely comfortable with it and by Turkey season I' ll be groved into a habit with it.
The release was not cheap, I got it for $135 but I believe it list for $140.

Good luck

Old 04-09-2003, 10:36 AM

try a fletcher third finger release works good for me , and its not real expensive either, fs discount has it for about 50 bucks.[:-]
Old 04-09-2003, 01:08 PM

I' ve got my choice of release narrowed down to two now, and I' m having a heck of a time deciding between them. One is the Truball Trail Boss with talon head.

The other is the Truball Ultra Extreme with talon head.

The only real difference with them is the length of the neck that the head mounts to. I' ve tried the Trail Boss and really liked it. No one around here has an Ultra Extreme for me to try out, but I can get one for $75 and I like the thought that it would give me as much bow draw length as possible (even if I have to get a different cam for my Legacy).

Any opinions on which of those two to choose, assuming I can' t actually get my hands on an Ultra Extreme to try? I' m guessing that I could probably get my money back on it if I decided to sell it later.