Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 01-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Clearence Problem

First off you need to find out why it is hitting and correct that problem.Sounds to me like the rest isn't adjusted properly.You need to move the rest out.

One way to tell if the rest is adjusted right is to stand up and hold the bow on the floor in front of you,look down at the cam and align the arrow and cam and then look at where the arrow runs out the front of the bow,it should be in alignment with the limb bolts.If it is not you need to move the rest out or in to get the arrow in line.Then you need to do some shooting and do some group tuning from there.

If you can't fix the problem,then yes,feathers will help but try to fix what is wrong instead of just trying to put a bandaid on the problem.

One other thing to look at is the cable guard,is it adjustable,if so,it may need to be rotated out a little for more clearance.

Hope this will help.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem with my old golden eagle bow. I had to get a rest that allowed me shoot with the cock vane out to get enough clearence. The older bows sight window's arent as cut out as the newer bows. I had to use a golden key super star rest to get the cock vane rotated out.

Maybe someone else has other suggestions, thats the only thing I could ever figure out.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is the problem,a lot of the older bows do not have the riser cleared out for the arrow enough.The overdraw may be causing some of the problem as well.Some of the older bows that I have tuned for people need to be shortened a little,can't say without seeing the bow.Vanes should clear on all bows so keep tinkering and find out what is causing the problem.

Muzzyman has a good suggestion,the cock vane out should do the trick.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-23-2002, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

go to www.eastonarchery.com theres a bow tuning section that will explain that your rest should not be inline with your limb bolts but rather inline with the cam, and the cam which is not inline with the limb bolts but off set 3/16 of an inch. hopefuly this will help.
Ron
Old 01-25-2002, 07:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]