Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Valley Question

Old 04-06-2003, 08:44 AM

Default Bowtech Valley Question

Well, I finally got out of the office long enough to go shoot some of the DC Bowtech. The shop set up both (my wimpy draw weight and length) a Patriot and a Pro 40 DC for me. I didn' t even shoot the Pat. There was no valley, no sense having him put a rest, etc on it I just couldn' t see me trying to shoot it.

The Pro 40 had a valley. Maybe, not the greatest one but a very acceptable one. After shooting it I come to the conclusion that I liked it better than the Hoyt UltraTec. No where near as smooth pulling back but very good either way. Loved the grip, after shooting the Pro 38 I thought maybe the Hoyt grip was a shade better, but after shooting awhile it was obvious I was better with the Bowtech grip.

Now my question, it this normal that the Pro 40 has a longer/better valley that the Pat or was this just an unusual situation. Possibly because it was 70lb limbs turned down to 58 lbs. I want to order the 60 lb limb Pro 40 but am afraid it will come with a valley like the Pat and then I screwed.

Any suggestions from you Bowtech experts would be greatly apreciated. Sorry to ask all the questions, I just want to buy a bow and be able to keep it.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Valley Question

The DC PAT definitely feels a bit stiffer to draw and the valley feels a bit narrower than the other DC bows for 2003. There' s ALOT of preload there, and hence the bow feels like it' s ready to take off if your draw length is 1/4" too long.

In addition the DC PAT will use a more highly " programmed" module for a respective draw length (I.e. for more energy storage,a dn to let out enough string to reach that draw length). The P40 will feel a bit softer and have more valley as it' s using a mod that' s a bit more " detuned" comparitively.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Valley Question

I totally agree with Jeff. But I will also add if the Pats cams where out of time then there wont be a valley.
My Pat has got a 1/2" valley while my friends new Pat did not have a valley when I checked his cam sync it was out I retimed the cams now the valley is the same as on mine 1/2"