Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

underspined?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: underspined?

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

Hard to make out the exact numbers in his post, but I'm getting between 323 - 325 fps.

I had you at 324,I think we are good.

He had you at 323 and change.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:32 AM
bigcountry

yeah, $140 a dozen is a little more than I want to spend for a dozen arrows. How are just the plain whitetail series?
They are pricey, but man, I have yet to see a quality arrow that good. I was tuning another mans bow and he had them, and I shot all 12 thru paper, and rotated them 120 degrees and still got the same bullet hole. Rotated again 120degrees again, all 12 perfect.Usually, out of 12 arrows, I find 60-70% that have consistent spine. Thats with beman, carbon express, and others.

But I do understand, as I haven't purchased them either.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

yeah, $140 a dozen is a little more than I want to spend for a dozen arrows. How are just the plain whitetail series?
They are pricey, but man, I have yet to see a quality arrow that good. I was tuning another mans bow and he had them, and I shot all 12 thru paper, and rotated them 120 degrees and still got the same bullet hole. Rotated again 120degrees again, all 12 perfect.Usually, out of 12 arrows, I find 60-70% that have consistent spine. Thats with beman, carbon express, and others.

But I do understand, as I haven't purchased them either.
Yes, they cost a bit much but(they are only LOL $124.99 at lancaster archery), as bigcountry points out, all 12 arrowswill be good. They are also very, very durable. I have some with over a 1000 shots and the spine has not changed (that I can tell using nock rotation). Unless you are robinhooding or hitting concrete the arrows will last as long as you want them to.

I also have some CT Cheetah Hunters at a .400 spine that I use with a 60# bow and they are just as good quality but a little lighter and cheaper.

These arrows are also made in the USA if that is important.

I have other arrow brands but my hunting arrows will likely always be Carbon Tech unless they change their standards.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well before spending the money on a whole dozen, I found 6 on archerytalk for $25. If they shoot well from my bow, I'll go ahead and fork up the cash for another dozen.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well before spending the money on a whole dozen, I found 6 on archerytalk for $25. If they shoot well from my bow, I'll go ahead and fork up the cash for another dozen.
Good Job! Now, keep in mind the XP's have the yellow writing and the non-XP's have the white writing and the difference between them is the straightness tolerance.

That is a heckuva price for 6. Are they already cut to length?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

cut and fletched and used for a month. guy said he wanted to go to something a bit lighter since he switched bows.