Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GKF Hunter Elite?????

Old 04-03-2003, 10:11 AM

Default GKF Hunter Elite?????

I have talked with the tech at GKF and he is getting back to me if the Power Drop will work on my Bow-Tech Extreme as my cable is only about 4" from the rear of my bow frame and the cables only extend about another 1" at full draw but I also saw the Hunter Elite on there web page and the GKF tech said it comes with a cable gaurd that is made for them by Bow-Tech with a hole to attach the drop-away cable but since I have a new Bow-Tech Extreme I can use my existing cable gaurd and don' t have to make changes to my equiptment as I would to use a NAP4000, so it almost seems like it was made with the Bow-Tech in mind, he also said the arrow can be on the rest when not at full draw so this is sounding very interesting......... anyone familar with the Hunter Elite? Opinions? Thanx
Old 04-03-2003, 11:03 PM

Default RE: GKF Hunter Elite?????

Camp... We have a Short version Popwer Drop on the way that will work on that Bowtec.
The Elite does have the Slide supplied as a Option and will work well on you existing set up.Your Choice.
GKF Tech
Old 04-04-2003, 05:14 AM

GFT Tech(or fellow archers)..... thanx for the info, Chris that works at GKF helped me over the phone as well and also told me a new power drop is in the works for my bow tech and should be avail in the next 2-3 weeks and said he' d call me. I am very interested in this rest and like the idea of the rest in position even before drawing back my bow, I take it that it will fall on release of the arrow, will it fall till it hits my bow shelf or can it be ajusted to maintain a clearance so as not to make noise hitting the shelf?
Considering I strictly amd going to treestand hunt with this bow and like to have a arrow nocked in my bow holder in my treestand which rest would you prefer on your bow given this info, the power drop or the hunter elite? Can you tell me characteristics of 1 verses the other? I understand the hunter elite can attach to my existing cable slide as the new bow-tech has a hole in the bottom to allow for this but when not drawing my bow using the hunter elite I' m alittle unclear if the arrow will still lay on the rest?
Thanx again in advance for the info........ RJ
Old 04-06-2003, 12:06 PM

GFT Tech....still waiting for a reply to my last question??????
Old 04-08-2003, 05:48 AM

I' d still like a more detailed reply to:
Considering I strictly amd going to treestand hunt with this bow and like to have a arrow nocked in my bow holder in my treestand which rest would you prefer on your bow given this info, the power drop or the hunter elite? Can you tell me characteristics of 1 verses the other? I understand the hunter elite can attach to my existing cable slide as the new bow-tech has a hole in the bottom to allow for this but when not drawing my bow using the hunter elite I' m alittle unclear if the arrow will still lay on the rest?
Thanx again in advance for the info........ RJ
Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 AM

camp rut,
I haven' t seen the Hunter Elite, but have done some reading on it. From what I gather, it stays in the down position and has an arrow holder on the shelf like most of the other drop-aways. It raises the arrow out of the holder when the bow is drawn.

I do have a Power Drop and the arrow stays on the rest just like a typical prong rest. I' ve been experimenting with how well the arrow will stay on the rest at crunch time and I' m very pleased with it. I' ve jerked my bow back hard and moved it up and down and side to side while drawing it back quickly and the arrow has never even rattled on the rest, much less come off. I can' t say the PD is any better than the Hunter Elite, because I haven' t shot the HE, but I can say that I' m very impressed with the PD. To me, it is the best of both worlds.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Camp rut
I Have the PD bolted up to my 3D bow and i love it this is a very good rest however reading over your post I would suggest you looking at the arrow trap or the Shootout as well for a fully contained arrow rest. which holds the arrow in place under the most active conditions of hunting.
I used the shootout last season and flung many practice shots through it and found it to be very accurate and dependable rest I have tested the arrow trap and
it preforms very good also.
Hope this helps.