Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Bowpress?

Old 11-28-2008, 10:45 PM

Default New Bowpress?

I am currently in the market for a new bowpress and like with everything else, it must be the best. Price does not matter. So, I need some help finding the best bowpress on the market. Remember, my bows are all heavy poundage (70#+) and the press needs to be able to support that kind of pressure. I only mention this because I say that Last Chance Archery bow presses are only able to handle 70#. Right now, I am leaning towards the Sure-Loc X-press because I have used it at Gander Mountain and it works great. I do not like the Apple bow presses because I thought that it was harder to press certain bows in them than in the Sure-Loc. So, what I need to know is if there are any better bow presses on the market than the Sure-Loc X-press.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bowpress?

I was going to say X_Press till I saw you already have used one. Is it the best? Who knows. I haven't used every one on the market. I have used enough to know it'll do whatever you want to use it for. What else could you ask?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Nothing, but some might last longer than others. Have better parts...
Old 11-29-2008, 08:29 PM
bigcountry

I love the apple super pro. I have used it before and would love to have one. Just can't justify the cost. I have the apple econ, and doesn't work with newer bows.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 PM

That must have been the problem. I was using the econ. I did not know that apple made a higher end press. I will look into to it.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

That must have been the problem. I was using the econ. I did not know that apple made a higher end press. I will look into to it.
You can't press your bow with an econ. No parallel limb bows.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:39 PM

I work on other peoples bows at Gander. That is what I used the econ for. I tried to press mine, but like I said earlier, I had problems.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:43 PM

About the Apple pro series presses. Why is the Super Pro more expensive than the Dual Super Pro Extreme? It looks like I'd get more with the Dual Super Pro Extreme, but it cost's $75 less. That makes me think that I am missing something. If not, I will buy that Dual Super Pro Extreme and be glad to have saved some money.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:39 PM

If you're after the best, I'd be after the X press.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:48 PM

The X-press is very nice and can press every single bow that comes into Gander. I have no complaints about it. The point of this thread is to determine if there is something better out there. Maybe there is not and in that case, I will buy an X-press.

Quick Reply: New Bowpress?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.