Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Things you do when you don' t think

Old 04-02-2003, 03:42 PM

Default Things you do when you don' t think

The other day i was sighting in my new Cosmic sight(moveable single pin) I had bought. When i was sighting it in i moved it up and locked it and moved the sight pin on the front where you unscrew it instead of the sight adjustment on the back. Well as it turned put I sighted my bow in backwards and it is sighted in for 20yds at the farthest instead of the closest!!! It was sunny and 70degrees that day and the next day it is snowing and 35 degrees with 20mph winds!!! So I won' t get it sighted in for a while now!!! I put the slider on the back at the top and sighted it in all of you with a moveable sight know what I did!! So my close zero will be 5 yds or something like that.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:01 PM

Default RE: Things you do when you don' t think

I did the same thing with the cosmic on mine a while back. I then promptly launched my hand held bow scale through my rig and watched it blow a hole in my wall before disintegrating into shrapnel. I put the bow away for the rest of the day
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I then promptly launched my hand held bow scale through my rig and watched it blow a hole in my wall before disintegrating into shrapnel. I put the bow away for the rest of the day
Hmm....might have to fletch me up some of those hand held bow scales... sounds like good penetration PLUS excellent expansion on game![:-]
Old 04-03-2003, 08:00 AM

Not a bad I dea Jeff...Who says bows don' t kill with knock down power! On the upside, even if you miss you can get another shot while they' re lauging at you![8D]
Old 04-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

tru-shot, that is bad.
Almost as bad as the time I took out my central air outside unit with one wlle placed 2315!!! Didn' t think I could square a little copper coil did ya?? Well I did. Don' t know how, but I watched as my arrow made a b-line straight into the a/c- missing the target by atleast 4 foot. I ran over and watched as all my freon escapped into the atmosphere. There is still a hole in the ozone over that house- had to weatr extra sunscreen when outside.
All I can figure is I launched a cock feather up through a cock feather down rest.
Needless to say, I didn' t shoot that direction any more.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Dave...that must have made the Mrs. DaveC pretty happy.[:@]
Old 04-04-2003, 07:02 PM

I hear ya brother. If only you could hit that little coil on command you' d be shootin' bows for free and livin' large!LOL
Old 04-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

98redline,
She thought it was pretty darn funny and I didn' t hear the end of it for a long time. It was summertime in Texas and we either had to sleep in our house with the fans on, or sleep at my parents. She chose to sweat it out.

You can imagine my call to the A/C repair man.

The other day I was shooting alongside my bay boat and wondering how much damage I could do to 120 Johnson O/B??
Old 04-05-2003, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Shooter,
If you have a set of calipers, put an arrow on the rest, and measure from the arrow to the sight pin, set at 20yds. Now you can move the bar in the back, all the way down, or wherever you want it to be, then reset the front to the measurement that you just took. Make sense? It will get you pretty close. Hope this helps.
Charlie
Old 04-05-2003, 09:31 AM

Thanks, i have tried the calipers and i have it close but there is a half foot of snow outside so i won' t be shooting for a while. One day its 70degrees next its 20degrees. good old North Dakota!! Good Luck and Safe Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.