Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Things you do when you don' t think

Old 04-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things you do when you don' t think

I was at an indoor range a while back, sighting in a new Sure Loc sight. I was standing on the line BSing with a friend. I took a breath, pulled back, released, and CRACK. No arrow. Talk about feeling stupid. Not a hole in sight big enough.[&o]
Old 04-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

OUCH,
I bet that was a shot heard around the range. At least you weren' t sighting his in for him.
Did it do any damage?
Old 04-05-2003, 07:10 PM

Well I know who I WON" T be buying a used Bowtech from[>:] I was lucky I didn' t do any damage to mine with the bow scale. I don' t know how I didn' t rip the rest or sight off. Just a nice grenade crater in my wall![8D]
Old 04-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kelly.
Nothing you do surprises me[]

Phil.

What bow did you dry fire and after you telling me not so long ago " I have never and I will never dry fire" .

I was at a IBO qualifier a couple of weeks ago talking to a couple of new comers to the sport. It was their 1st shoot I said to one of the guys that his string looked a little dry and if wanted any wax.
He said nah its ok anyway they was in the group behind us and 6 targets in I was at full draw and next minute " BANG" I let down in a hurry turned and said WTF was that.
It turned out the guy with the dry string yep she let go upon release took him 30 minutes to pick up all the pieces but he did manage to hit the 10 ring
Old 04-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was my P38 DC. It' s fine. I shot a 300, 49X that week, and a 294 at a 3D last week with it.

Kelly, no one need worry about getting a dry fired P38 DC from me. I won' t be selling it any time soon. But it may be getting a rest, soon.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

OK, How' s this for not thinking?...
This week end I was teaching my eldest boy(12) how to shoot. We were in my friends back yard and everything was going great. He had his Genesis bow that I had just finished setting up with a new sight and rest. He was doing great. Form looked good and he was hitting the target. My friend asked his wife outside to check out the bow as he would like to buy her one. She was trying to figure out an anchor point, and I decided to show her mine. Using my bow, w/o an arrow on the string. Something I never do!!
Well, I think you can guess what happened next...TWWANGG.[][:' (]
Fortunately, no one was injured. Even by bow survived the ordeal. I need a new string, but the limbs are fine. I think those limb savers and the rest of the rubber on the bow saved the limbs by absorbing the shock.
Hey, I wanted those Winners Choice strings anyway, guess now I have to buy them! But talk about not thinking!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 01:47 PM

Wow.........that sounds like fun! LOL I also, rather stupidly dry fired my ' 02 Patriot when just drawing my bow in the house.........nothing happened other than I heard a TWANG! Limbs, riser, cams and string are fine! They were WC though! LOL No limb savers.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Yea, and if that wasn' t bad enough...my kid asked me, " So, why aren' t you supposed to shoot your bow w/o an arrow?"
This, after I am standing there with that look on my face[], and my bow string hanging there like a limp d!@%.
I had to take a few steps back and think of a response before I strangled him.
I remained calm and we both made it home in one piece.[:-]
I think he understands the consequences of dry firing...
Old 04-07-2003, 02:29 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!![:' (]
Old 04-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Can someone translate this for me please...I want to know what I am saying before I say it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.