Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What the.....?!?!?

Old 04-02-2003, 01:58 PM

Default What the.....?!?!?

I' m in need of some help. I am trying to get my bow paper tuned and it is just not going right!
I have a low tear that wont go away. I tried moving the string nock down, and it only got worse. So, I nocked my arrow above the brass nock, and the tear was almost perfect. So, I moved the string nock up to that spot......and now I have a low tear again.[:@][:@][:' (]
My vane tears are perfect, so I am inline, just this stinking low tear. My arrow flight shows that something is wrong.
Any help, please??
Old 04-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the.....?!?!?

Hence, the ping...

I' d contact bowdoodle and ask them. Perhaps it' s a situation related to the zapper. Sounds like the upper launcher arm is too strong, not flexible enough, and is forcing the arrow down upon release and producing the ping.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:26 AM

Keep on moving the nock up
Old 04-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

What RACK-ATTACK said.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Woody,
Give us some more info on the bow and setup. I' m wondering if you' re getting some type of nock pinch from the brass nockset on top.
Charlie
Old 04-03-2003, 09:09 PM

Reset the nocks and make sure its level.... Also check the release and make sure it is releasing smooth.... Last year my release was catching on one side because the spring was set to tight.... make sure it has a smooth opening and not delayed
Old 04-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe try an " Eliminator button" between you nock and your release?
Old 04-05-2003, 02:12 AM

I do have an eliminator button in place. I am shooting a Golden Eagle Pro Formula 3D, 65 lbs with Easton CarbonAeros 400s. 27 1/4" long with a 30 inch draw.

I am hoping to get out and shoot on Sunday and I will try moving the nock up more.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:42 AM

Try a heavy aluminum arrow, and see what it does.
Your arrow might be a banana as it passes through the paper.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:06 AM

First get rid of the brass nock set tie in a string nock set . Next move nock set up for tears that go down . Look to see if the vanes are coming into contact with rest . I problem that I have had in the past that the brass nock set starts to eat up the plastic nock and deforms it after a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.