Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Questions about Magnanocks

Old 04-01-2003, 10:41 AM

Default Questions about Magnanocks

I just purchased some magnanocks to try out and have a few speed/tech questions. And would like some input from others that have tried them and are still using or are not using them. (pro and con).

It seems that putting the receiver onto the string is adding weight to the string and thus will slow down the bow. I have heard that it slows it down 7 to 15 fps. But conversely the arrow leaves the string easier and takes out the ossilation of the arrow as it leaves the string and rest. This allows the arrow to maintain its speed for a longer distance. If this is true then you will have less arrow drop at the 40-50 yard range but will be moving at a slower speed out of the bow.

If this is true, then it makes sense that I can turn up my bow so that I can shoot 280fps out of the bow and actually be faster at 40-50 yards and decrease my pin gap at the greater distances while not changing my 20-30 yards pins. What do you think?

Would be interested in if anyone has tried this and if it does work, or maybe it' s just theoretical and is negligible in reality.

Old 04-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Questions about Magnanocks

Mark.
You goof ball how many times have we shot together?

Yes the arrow is a little slower out of the bow but not that much slower.
What happens is that seeing that the release from the string is only 4.5 ounces of pressure you get the same release every time.
They also take out most of the archers paradox which takes a lot of the energy out of the arrow.
Thus with the arrow storing more energy then your down range speed is going to be greater.
Plus your longer distance groups are going to be tighter due to better flight.
Another plus is that you can use lighter arrows that are under spined and still get great flight.

Just watch my arrows next Sunday
Old 04-01-2003, 11:20 AM

Ausie, I know what you shoot and I have seen you arrows. I know what I have read and what you have said.

I was wanting someone who had done some technical work on it for verification (in addition to you) . Just wanted some more opinions, including any negatives that anyone might have.

Old 04-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

mark.
5shot done some testing on them last year and done a report on them.
I just done a search but it would not go back far enough in time.
You might send him an email and ask for the report
Old 04-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested them last year. In a nutshell I found the claims on there website to be true and accurate. The initial speed loss at the start is more than made up for on the long range shooting. There are othe benifits as well. This is one of the few products I have tested where the manufactures claims all have merrit. They are also very helpful in answering your questions and working with the customer to make you happy.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you guys see any problems using these with a whisker biscuit or other full containment style rest?
Old 04-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

RB.

I can see no reason why they wont work with the WB.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:02 PM

I am a little confused. Two questions.

1. How does a lighter arrow give you better down range energy?

2. How can you use a underspined arrow and get better performance?
Old 04-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

buckskin73.

Go to www.magnock.com

They have a slow mo video of an arrow on release.
Plus they go into fine detail on how this nock system works.
Like 5shot said it is one of the few products that actually live up to the manufraturers claims.
I have been using them now for 2 months and there is no way I will go back to a conventional nock system.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:29 AM

I am not an accessory " junkie." I kicked the habit and the " hype" trap a long time ago. However, I came across an article that stated that Robert " Bob" Ragsdale said that the " Magnock" is a revolutionary component, does what the manufacturer says the Magnock will do, and that the Magnock will eliminate many of the spine problems that most shooters deal with.

Since nock-fit to string is one area I pay particular attention to, and being that Ragsdale did not seem to oppose or remain neutral regarding the Magnock, I believe I will fall slightly off the wagon and try the system.

I would like to hear from those who use or have used the nock regarding difficulty of tuning, remaining tuned, and whether the system has a tendency to kick sideways when string is released.

http://www.magnock.com/Graph/graph.html

Quick Reply: Questions about Magnanocks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.