Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for the Bowtechies!

Old 04-01-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Question for the Bowtechies!

Are you using the factory cable slide or using the simms (virgin) teflon? The factory slide is nice and you can take the string loose so easily.

Is everyone that is leaving the hush kits on the limbs sliding them forward? Does that seem to be giving the most speed? I don' t have a chrono[:' (].

Old 04-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Qusetion for the Bowtechies!

Chief is that a pretty Black/Platinum Pro40 you have there?? [:-] Don' t let Phil or Ausie see that!!

As for the slide.....the new design is nice, you will also notice that it sticks out a little further than conventional slides including the SIMS. It' s designed that way to leesen the cable angle thru the slide which will put less stress on the cams and bushings which in turn will promote less cam lean.
If you have enough fletch clearance from your cables with the new BowTech slide then you' ll probably just want to leave it as is, its a nice design.......I switched to a SIMS slide myself because I might shoot 4" Feathers and Hunter class at some point, and those cables looked a tad close to the sight picture for my taste. Would probably clear fine, but I swapped it out anyway. I' m like that.

I actually just removed the Vibrablocks and hush kit from my Red Pro40 Dually , one because of looks.........the bow is a little too pretty for those things slid down to the limb pockets!!...........and also because its a target bow and they just aren' t necessary. Mine is shooting great with them removed quiet and vibration free, and yes you will pick up speed with them off.
I did put the standard set of Stealth Limbsavers on, because they do work very well in spite of their " ugliness" But that' s all the rubber I wanted on such a nice target bow......well that and the cable guard dampener.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:00 AM

Default RE: Question for the Bowtechies!

I already sent Ausie some pics but I haven' t heard back yet. He' s probably shorted out his keyboard with drool!

I figured I' d hear from you Matt. Thanks!

Do you have any numbers on speed loss with the hush kits on the limbs?

-Chief
Old 04-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chief,
I didn' t even bother to check speeds with and without these installed......I would expect very little speed loss with the Vibrablocks ( I guess I should check just to be sure someday) I scrap the Vibrablocks in favor of the SIMS Limbsavers because my target bows are only gonna have one or the other and the Limbsavers work better IMO. I' m sure you' ll get added vibration reduction if you had both, but who wants all that rubber stuff on those pretty limbs!? [:' (]
Old 04-01-2003, 10:14 AM

Thanks again!

I forgot one question I had, have you had any trouble downloading the owners manuals? I could do it before but now I can' t. I remember reading the recommendation on string wax on the 02 strings but I can' t remember what it was. The stuff I use is in a white tube with red writing and has a red cap.

-Chief
Old 04-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

zzzzzzzp zapppppp zzzzzzzzzzp.
Damn drool

Chad
I agree with Matt the vibra blocks do work but not as good as the simms.
On my Pat I just slid them down to the pockets and have not noticed any speed loss I am still shooting in the 290' s with 322gr arrows.

As for the cable slide I am using the MZE.
I also intend to take the vibra blocks off in favour of the limb savers for the same reason as Matt did when my Pro40 turnd up.

I am using the same wax as you are and have had no adverse effect to the string or cable.

I have not tried to download the manual so I cant comment on that.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:19 PM

Thanks Ausie. I think you can get a plastic cover for that keyboard; it might help?

BTW, I shot it over lunch and it is a smooth shooter. And at 60lbs, she draws real smooth.

If it shoots as good as it looks, we have a winner!!!!!

-Chief

Old 04-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chief, could you please send my bow to me? I' m sure it was sent to you by mistake. I' ll email my address. Sure looks pretty. Yours too, Matt. We' ll all have to get together this summer and stack some arrows in the 11 ring. Wouldn' t all those P40s look nice hanging in the rack, side by side? Aussie, your bow hasn' t arrived yet. But I will paint it as soon as it does. You' re gonna love it.
Oh I almost forgot your question. I' m using the slide that comes with the NAP 4000. I may try the new BowTech one with the hole in it later. This is on my Pat Dually. I will use the same rest on the P40. Don' t forget to send me my bow.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:26 AM

pdq 5oh- I' m afraid you' d have to send your cronies west prepared for a serious fight to get this baby pried loose from my hands; even if it was a mistake!

It would be cool to get together with the other Bowtech guys!

The guy to beat here locally had a string hush thing come loose and get into his cam last weekend on his VFT. This happened twice and he missed 2 targets because of it while at a shoot over in Ill. according to the local BT dealer. So that is something we might keep an eye out for.

-Chief

Old 04-02-2003, 10:27 AM

pdq 5oh- I' m afraid you' d have to send your cronies west prepared for a serious fight to get this baby pried loose from my hands; even if it was a mistake!

It would be cool to get together with the other Bowtech guys!

The guy to beat here locally had a string hush thing come loose and get into his cam last weekend on his VFT. This happened twice and he missed 2 targets because of it while at a shoot over in Ill. according to the local BT dealer. So that is something we might keep an eye out for.

Quick Reply: Question for the Bowtechies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.