Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for the Bowtechies!

Old 04-02-2003, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Question for the Bowtechies!

Its like I' m blocked out or something. Anyone?
Old 04-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

its those naughty thoughts again Chad
Old 04-02-2003, 12:38 PM

I guess[>:]!
Old 04-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

But we have no idea what those thoughts are wanna try again
Old 04-02-2003, 01:16 PM

I emailed pdq 5oh with my reply because I have trouble with this board sometimes. I was saying it would be great to get together with some other Bowtech guys sometime, however cheesy that may sound.

Something I added to the reply was that a VFT shooter in my area missed two targets at a shoot last Sun. over in Ill. Supposedly, the hush thing on the string slung into the cam and caused him to miss on two different targets before he cut them off. This came from our BT dealer. I' ll ask Dave about it next shoot I see him at. I take it that most guys aren' t using them, but those who are should probably watch it.

We' re (the local Bowtechies) going to own the top spot at our shoots now from the looks of things.

-Chief

Old 04-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chief. Emailed this to me and asked if I would post it.

Could you post it for me?????
I emailed pdq 5oh with my reply because I have trouble with this board sometimes. I was saying it would be great to get together with some other Bowtech guys sometime, however cheesy that may sound.

Something I added to the reply was that a VFT shooter in my area missed two targets at a shoot last Sun. over in Ill. Supposedly, the hush thing on the string slung into the cam and caused him to miss on two different targets before he cut them off. This came from our BT dealer. I' ll ask Dave about it next shoot I see him at. I take it that most guys aren' t using them, but those who are should probably watch it.

We' re (the local Bowtechies) going to own the top spot at our shoots now from the looks of things.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hola,

I didn' t have any problem with enough clearance for the fletches on my PAT DC (4" feathers, cock feather up), but the cables did slightly rub together. I took the slide off my CyberTec and put it on, problemo solved. The short slot on the BT slide needs to eb a touch shorter, or the long slot a touch longer, and it would solve the problem. Otherwise I REALLY like that new slide. Easy to wax the cables and slides super smooth.

I also remove the BT silencers and push my VB' s down to the pocket, and then install Stealth Limbsavers and Leeches. Usually pick up a couple of FPS, and it' s much quieter, with less recoil.

You mamby pamby, girly man colored bow guys are crackin me up, I' ve just got a plain ' ol " tough guy" camo one on the way but I did order the cable tuners...I' ll be the hbbs guinea pig for those

Seriously I' d love to have a P40DC in the blue..I saw a Patriot last year in that color and it was a beaut!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,
If you thought the colors (blue in your case) were nice last year?..........you should see them THIS YEAR!! They POLISHED the risers BEFORE anodizing so they actually seem to GLOW rather than the flat appearance of last years models. They are beautiful!
I' ll give ya' Girly Man![8D]
Old 04-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I was told today that My Pro 40 dually would be here in two weeks. Can' t wait.
I agree with Matt. [8D]
Old 04-03-2003, 12:13 AM

Ok guys, here' s my tune up tricks for the Pat DC. I put the VB' s at mid limb and also have the limb savers at mid limb. I put on cat whiskers in the usual spot on the string about 5 inches from the axles and they are about 2.5 inches total length and served in place instead of " tied" on. I also have cat whiskers on each buss cable about 1 inch below the split in the cables, same length and served in also. I' ve also changed to the Simms teflon slide but I now have the bottom buss cable coming up from the cam and crossing on the OUTSIDE of the top buss cable with the cables still crossing below the cable guard rod. The Simms slide is positioned so the groove that is further from the guard rod has the top buss cable passing through it and the groove that is closest to the rod has the bottom cable passing through it. This arrangement gives the best alignment of the cams and buss cables. I switched them back to original today and there is less tractability between the cables and the cam grooves than my " wrong way" . The cables are still separated by at least 1/16 of an inch at their closest crossing. The bow draws smoother with less noticeable off tracking of the cables and the cams. This bow ROCKS

Quick Reply: Question for the Bowtechies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.