Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra Rest on Marquis?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD Ultra Rest on Marquis?

FSU, im a big bumbling Sasqui as well ((sasqui= my term for a singular sasquatch lol!)so i know your pain lol!!! 6'3" 265. even when walking around with an arrow nocked, all you have to do is keep a finger on the arrow and your problem is solved.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM

Seriously, the limb driver is great. You will be impressed.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Spread the wealth! What a crock. Take it to a reputable pro shop.
Yeah I am going to call my shop tomm and see if he can tie it in like SC. The only problem is that I don't think I can shoot in there -- i know he doesn't paper tune there.

DOCK: Sasquai--- LMFAO too funny -- this Bud's for you brotha.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM

Can you even shoot there at all? Even if you can't paper tune, at least shoot it.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Spread the wealth! What a crock. Take it to a reputable pro shop.
Yeah I am going to call my shop tomm and see if he can tie it in like SC. The only problem is that I don't think I can shoot in there -- i know he doesn't paper tune there.

Just so long as he can complete the first half of a regular shoe string knot... cross the rabbit ears and tuck one underneath.... he can tie it in like I did. Its not really a true serving knot at all. If he can't tie an overhand knot.. I wouldn't let him touch my bow!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

you can shoot in like a 5 yard space. But i know he doesn't paper tune. Im not saying its a bad shop. He fixed an idler lean for me that no one else even checked for. My bow has never shot better. I did call another shop that was recommended to me and the guy said he serves the string in instead of using the footballs. He also said the LD's are the easiest tuning rests he has ever seen. So i might try him out since he has a range and i can do more tuning.

Since this seems to be a chat room for us 4 i will ask another question(s).

Anyone heard anything about Proline Bowstrings? It is local and im sure I could get a quick turn around.

SC: Yeah he did that for my nock point -- he put it inside the d-loop and said it provides some downpressure (the arrow sits on top of the knot). Now you know how much I have to learn about tuning: I didn't even know that was called a overhand knot -- i just thought it was half of tying a shoe HAHAH

Old 11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

you can shoot in like a 5 yard space. But i know he doesn't paper tune. Im not saying its a bad shop. He fixed an idler lean for me that no one else even checked for. My bow has never shot better. I did call another shop that was recommended to me and the guy said he serves the string in instead of using the footballs. He also said the LD's are the easiest tuning rests he has ever seen. So i might try him out since he has a range and i can do more tuning.

Since this seems to be a chat room for us 4 i will ask another question(s).

Anyone heard anything about Proline Bowstrings? It is local and im sure I could get a quick turn around.

SC: Yeah he did that for my nock point -- he put it inside the d-loop and said it provides some downpressure (the arrow sits on top of the knot). Now you know how much I have to learn about tuning: I didn't even know that was called a overhand knot -- i just thought it was half of tying a shoe HAHAH
For whatever its worth... I don't paper tune either. Some folks do, some don't. In my opinion there are so many variables involved that I have typically found that its a lot more time and trouble than it is worth and I can arrive at the same result faster by going on to something a bit easier on my shooter and me as a tuner.

Big country is a paper tuning fan. I'm sure he could tell you what his set up is and what he looks for. Its just another brick in his wall though... he doesn't base everything on it.

Other thing I've never been able to figure out with modern compound and release aid shooters is bare shaft tuning... over my head....
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Don't sell yourself short. If you can install a QAD rest, then you can do anything.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with you there SC -- not a big fan of paper tuning myself. Just headaches to me.

Black Stick: I am sure I could install it myself -- I have every other rest, but this is new territory for me and I wanna get the timing stuff right so I will most likely get help. I found a shop around here that said he installs them the same way SC does. I am one of those guys that wants to be there to watch how the technician does it cause then I will be able to go home and do it myself (if i had the equipment--which i don't). Thanks for the help guys -- I think I am going to try to QAD but if it just gives me problemsI am gonna go straight to the LD baring they don't come up with some new technology (like a LD with full containment)
Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 PM

I would take it to the pro shop, but do it myself because I know that no one cares as much about my setup as me, and I do it right. Like you, I just don't have the tools. Hope santa gives me a Sure Loc Bow Press. Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: QAD Ultra Rest on Marquis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.