Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra Rest on Marquis?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Default RE: QAD Ultra Rest on Marquis?

I've used them both and I agree 100% with drockw. I sit in the stand with my bow in my lap and put felt on the riser. As long as I hold the bow level, the arrow will stay on when I draw and that is with the aggressive 82nd. I never walk around with a nocked arrow because I am constantly moving the bow around to dodge branches and an arrow on the string wouldn't be on the riser very long with the limb driver.

The QAD Ultra HD works very well on my 2008 Diamond Marquis, but I could not get it to work on my 82nd, which I use for hunting because I had fletching clearance issues. I know, I know. Swamp Collie is going to tel me that I did not set it up right. Maybe I didn't, but after reading your excellent step by step instruction on how to install it, I was pretty close. Still, I would prefer the limb driver even for hunting, so I'll leave the QAD on the Marquis.

If you want a full containment drop away, check you the APA Ultimate Twister Safari. I'd hate for you to think that the QAD is your only choice for full containment. I used this up until a month ago on my 82nd. IMO, the QAD is better, than the APA, but the limb driver is the best. Remember, that is just my opinion.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I never walk around with a nocked arrow because I am constantly moving the bow around to dodge branches and an arrow on the string wouldn't be on the riser very long with the limb driver.
I don't either. You should see me on the way into the stand... I have my bow in the sling and my release in my pocket... I usually have a climber and a bunch of crap I never use with me and a lot of clothes on my back rather than on my body so I don't get over heated. I would liken my silhouette to that of a sherpa fixing to go up Everest with a movie star.... so having an arrow nocked is the least possible thing in my situation...

Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 PM

Great image. I laughed.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

No I am aware of other full containment rest but I just like what the QAD has to offer the best. I have narrowed it down to 3 that I think would work.

Ripcord: My 3rd choice. Like the full containment. Thats about it
LD: Pros -- Attaches to limb so no cable stress. Heard it drops fast but don't think that will matter. Cons: No full containment and I am a cluts sometimes -- hard to be nimbe at 6'3 285 trompin through the woods like sasquatch. I think it will be alright for a tree stand but sceptical about walk and stalk or ground hunting.
QAD: Pros -- Full containment(good for an ogre), LOVE the thumblock idea. Cons: I have heard they are tricky to install on rollerguard bows, I know my fletchings barely get clearance with the Hostage Pro because the cables are so close to centershot.

I have looked at one other rest, the NAP Quicktune 2000 RG. It basically has a ball that attaches to the string that when draws pushes a lever down to raise the rest -- no strings whatsoever. It looks like a good design but I have not heard anything of these rest and it says it is exclusively for mathews bows. I don't see why this wouldn't work on a Marquis though. http://www.newarchery.com/#/product Check it out.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM

I think you know what you want out of a rest and have a list of good rests to choose from. Personally, I think you should be choosing between the limb driver and the QAD. IMO the Limb Driver is the right one. You will be shocked by how easy it is to keep your arrow on your riser. A month ago, I asked this same question. I was shooting the APA and wasn't sure that I wanted to go away from full containment. I made my choice to go with the limb driver and am very impressed with how it has performed. The fact is, you are you and I am me. It is highly unlikely that we are looking to use are equipment for the exact same thing. Both are excellent products that I use and you will be happy with either one assuming you get them set up correctly.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 PM

As soon as I finish maximizing my 82nd. I am going to sell my Marquis and buy the new Diamond Iceman and get that Dialed in. BTY, I will be putting a limb driver on it and the QAD will be going with the Marquis.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

GRRRR I hate making big decisions. I hate to get the QAD and not have it work for me but I love it so much.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM

It will work on the Marquis, so don't worry about that. Just follow swamp collie's instructions.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

I would love to follow his instructions but I don't have tuning equipment and don't know how to serve string. Something I want to get into eventually if I win the lottery or Obama's plan for CHANGE actually works HAHAHA
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Spread the wealth! What a crock. Take it to a reputable pro shop.

Quick Reply: QAD Ultra Rest on Marquis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.