Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Laser-tuned Centershot ???

Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Laser-tuned Centershot ???

I use the laser to achieve initial center shot only. It provides a repeatable place to begin paper and then move to walkback tuning.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

OHbowhunter has given excellent advise
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The two bows I am shooting right now were set to centershot by laser. Then I adjusted my draw weight and/or arrow to get correct arrow flight through paper, bareshaft and walkback. When I put BH's on they impacted just like my FP's. Never did move my rest from "laser centershot" .
Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 PM

In answer to your question, I bought one thinking it would save me time in setting up other people's rigs. In the end, I found I got just as good a starting point by eyeballing it. If you're looking to get one, PM me, I'll make you a deal!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 PM

My eyes suck. I go into Gander Mountain to use theirs every time I need to set up a rest. I would buy it, but I can use Gander's stuff for free.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Kodiak, I think you can eyeball things just as easily, because itn's not likely gonna be PERFECT even if it's set-up with a laser, because there's still a HUMAN behind it shooting it. My pro-shop I go to bought one and then decided it was more of a PAIN than it was worth, I don't know if he still has one or not, but I know he doesn't use it.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Every shop that I go to uses one. It's just one more thing that people have different opinions about.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Every shop that I go to uses one. It's just one more thing that people have different opinions about.
I think part of it is about the "appearance" as well. People are impressed by this "high-tech" stuff, and shop owners know that. Especially that White-collar Joe that want's to buy a bow to impress his wife's brother who is a hunter that he's going on a "hunting" trip with. I'm nearly laughed my behind off when I was in the shop and a guy would come in wanting to buy a bow, but really had NO IDEA what he was talking about, what he needed, but he KNEW he wanted to spend about $700 or so. Not even sure what brand he wanted, just wanted to spend that money before it "burnt a hole in his pocket." I'm sure they have their place, butusing a laser is kind of like having someone else paper tune your bow.......It don't really mean much if it doesn't match your exact form!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:21 AM

I know what you mean about someone else paper tuning your bow. Gander offers a "super tune" for $50 that includes a staff member paper tuning the bow. I always tell them that that is worthless and I'd be gad to help them do it for free.