Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What is the rheostat housing on the HHA sights and how do I use it?

Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Default What is the rheostat housing on the HHA sights and how do I use it?

What is the rheostat housing on the HHA Optimizer-Lite Ultra DS-XL5519? Apparently I can adjust the brightness of my pin in seconds, but I do not know how to use it. So, how do I use it, because I know that I would love to get rid of that rubber band that is on it right now. Let me know.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Default RE: What is the rheostat housing on the HHA sights and how do I use it?

The outer, forward housing is meant to be turned by hand to expose the wrapped fiber optic material underneath. More exposed fiber means a brighter pin. Mine turned hard by hand at first and I think I used vaseline on the rubber O ring to make it turn easy, not sure what I did[&:]
Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Sweet, it worked. Thanks, man. BTY, I just didn't know where it was, I know that more fiber optics exposed will make the pin brighter.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM

It feels cheep and plastic like. It is not as smooth to turn as the yardage dial. Either I am missing a part, or I would recommend that HHA changes its design and makes the rheostat. It is not difficult to turn, it just feels cheap. Anyway, just a quick review.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

It isn't plastic. It is a machined aluminum ring that is held in place by three silicon like bumps on the main housing that provide enough friction so that the ring does not fall off but allows you to slide it back and forth easily.

Trust me, HHA takes no short cuts inthe manufacturing of their sights. There isn't any plastic on that sight any where.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Alright, I would just prefer if there was some more resistance to it like with the yardage dial.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:13 PM

I think you'll learn to like it. I have a fobia I guess about "up" pins so I re-drilled the mounting hole 90 degrees from the original and now the pin is horizontal. I'm very happy now and it's a great sight for me!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:20 PM

Take a picture of that sight and post it. I want to see how that looks. I doubt that I will do that because I love the vertical design, but I am very interested to see what you did.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Spike

Talking

I just bought this sight also & i love it!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigbulls
It isn't plastic. It is a machined aluminum ring that is held in place by three silicon like bumps on the main housing that provide enough friction so that the ring does not fall off but allows you to slide it back and forth easily.

Trust me, HHA takes no short cuts inthe manufacturing of their sights. There isn't any plastic on that sight any where.
Ditto!!

And the Rheostat housing does come in Handy!

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.