Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Old 03-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

I was under the impression that these were to be primarily used for hunting purposes----I wouldn' t want to try to shoot any kind of " serious" tournament with any of the above models. JMHO. Pinwheel 12
Old 03-31-2003, 06:57 PM

The bow' s primary use is hunting. I will be shooting a 3-d leauge in the summer but nothing serious. Thanks all for the input
Old 03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

BowTech patriot. Hands down.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m with Pinwheel...none of those are the best choices as a double duty hunting/3D bow.

In the Bowtech line l' d look at the PRO 38 SC or the P40 DC for a decent compromise.

In the Mathews line I' d look at the Icon and Q2XL

And for Hoyt the UltraTec XT2000.

Pro38 SC will probably be the best compromise as it still skips an arrow out ther e right quick, has a good brace (7 3/8" ) but is a touch shorter (despite it' s model designation) than the Ultra and Mathews offerings.

Shoot ' em all, make your choice.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:19 PM

The 3-d is for fun, nothing worth spending extra money on a bow for... most these guys are like 40 shooting with there $300 bows
Old 04-02-2003, 08:18 PM

Doesnt matter how old you are ...And how much your bow cost...It' s if you can shoot it or not.......What good is a $600 dollar if you cant shoot..
Old 04-02-2003, 08:41 PM

i dont care how good of a shooter you are..... with the low speed and long distance shots, any little thing can play a factor... if you can shoot and have a nice bow, your gunna out perform.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:30 PM

So your saying a new high dollar bow is going make you a better archer than a guy with an old bow???? Come on..Granted a newer bow has alot of advantage' s...But if you can' t shoot it' s not going to help one bit....You take any top world archer today and he still could compete with a older slower bow...It' s not how fast the bow can put it there...But how will the archer behind the string send' s it there...
Old 04-02-2003, 11:49 PM

Check out the BowTech Tec 29 and the Mighty Might. The wife' s 29 shoots better for her than anything she' s had in the last 19 years, heck she' s almost as good as me. At 26 inches draw and a 335 grain arrow it does 254 fps and that bow is the quietest bow we have in the house. She loves the draw stop peg and the 65 percent let off I have it adjusted to. Check out as many bows as you can and you' ll find the one that likes you the best.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

If the bow is going to be used mostly for hunting with " some" 3D thrown in then I think the Patriot is probably the best choice of the ones you listed.....though I do agree with Jeff that a slightly longer axle to axle model would be more ideal for a " serious" 3D bow.

Quick Reply: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.