Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need a little help fellers

Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default need a little help fellers

ok so today i decided to work with the Bowtech Guardian and see how it shot BH and sight it in the rest of the way....got it sighted in out to about 50 yards....so put the BH on....they all hit to the right...moved the rest to the left and still hit right...they are good as far as vertical goes but no matter how much i moved the rest to the left they still hit to the right and now im out of adjustment on my sights....i first thought it was me but i could drill the X at 20 yards jsut fine....but with BH they all hit to the right....they are fletched with Blazers and i am thinking that they are hitting the BUSS cable cause sitting in the rest in the up position its really close....im gonna put some powder spray on the cable tomorrow morning and see if they are but then i dont know what to do either..im thinkin that if its is getting some contact that its throwin the BH to the right but i really do know ........anyone got any ideas?....weird thing was to that even a Mechanical that i have wouldnt fly right...they were even worse than the Montechs...so i have no clue

its a Bowtech Guardian...shooting 66lbs...release....beaman 400s....100 Gr Montech....29" draw [/align]
Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Spike

Default RE: need a little help fellers

I had contact with blazers and the buss cable on my guardian, switched to a saunders slide for a little more clearance. Try rotating your nock a little for more cable clearance and see if that helps.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

where did you get the Saunders Slide? do you have a weblink?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:16 AM
bigcountry

Rotate your arrow cock vane out to eliminate clearance. Also, instead of moving to the left, try moving a tad more to the riser. This happens sometimes with a slight stiff reaction

Old 11-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be your arrows are on the verge of being underspined. I know what the charts say, but sometimes tyhey don't keep up with the cam changes. Try dropping the weight down about 1 turn and see if that helps. If it doesn't then you can always turn it back up. If it helps then you either need to shoot at a lower weight for that shaft or get some 340's.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Could be your arrows are on the verge of being underspined. I know what the charts say, but sometimes tyhey don't keep up with the cam changes. Try dropping the weight down about 1 turn and see if that helps. If it doesn't then you can always turn it back up. If it helps then you either need to shoot at a lower weight for that shaft or get some 340's.
What he said. It's better to shoot a broadhead on a slightly stiff spine than a slightly weak one.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

yea I shoot a 29inch draw and 70lbs on my guardian and they told me to shoot a 340 because the cams are agressive. lower the weight down to 60 and you should be alright.